Hello From California Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coastalgal

Assistant Cook
northern part of central california coast
In my search for help in fixing a disaster in fudge making (didn't follow my gut instincts at the stove) I came across DC. Although I belong to a similar type of forum that I like a lot, this has a different flavor(no pun intended):rolleyes: I get the idea that although there are wonderful recipes, DC seems to be heavier on informative in-put, suggestions and experienced knowledge, rather than focused on recipe collections. All have their place, but this seems to be a rather unique community that I know I will enjoy.

I love to cook, especially if it is for family, friends, co-workers or any place I can share myself with others through food and hospitality. I believe that nothing really brings people together and breaks down walls more than partaking of food together, especially when someone serves up a real nice table that says.. "I enjoyed doing this for you"

I've rambled long enough... Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you all. Look forward to sharing more in the forums.

Happy Holidays to you too coastalgal..Welcome to DC...You are right on the mark about us here..We have many recipes, but we love sharing ideas and getting to know each other..rather than just looking at recipes and going home...You will find many wonderful people here who will take taime with you and help you in many ways...
kadesma:)

Welcome to DC Coastgal! I was attracted to DC by the real forum aspect more so than the recipes. I probably only spend 5 - 10% of my DC-time looking at actual recipes. Lots of time discussing them though!! You definitely become part of the family the more you contribute and can make some wonderful friendships from here too!

Back
Top Bottom