hello from Delaware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livesimply

Assistant Cook
Found this forum by googling "steak knives" and knew I had to join. I am an everyday cook, and as my mom used to say, I have "champagne taste on a beer income." :rolleyes: Anyway, I have some old Henkel knives and am looking to put them on eBay and buy a nice set and some good steak knives--BUT I am on a limited budget. Any/all suggestions appreciated!!! I look forward to learning.....

welcome livesimply.

every time i read the word delaware i think of a joke off a bazooka gum wrapper from when i was a kid. here goes:

what did delaware?

i dunno; alaska. :rolleyes:

ha ha - and hello back to you

I've heard that one. Had to crack up when I saw your avatar--my husband is a Simpsons' junkie. And I was born in NJ.

livesimply, because Delaware is small, you live close enough to one of the Marshalls/TJMax stores. Keep checking them out for steak knives and you'll get a bargain. THe French LaGuiole can be quite fine.

TJMAXX/Marshalls

They are two of my favorite stores! Have gotten some great deals for sure. Don't get out much now--am a fulltime caregiver to my MIL; had to quit my job hence the "budget." :neutral:
Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome!!

P.s.

noticing all the executive chefs, etc. here--hopefully through reading and OSMOSIS I'll become a better cook!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom