"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 01-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Hello from England!

Hey everyone, seems like a nice place you've got here! I found the forum while googling recipes!

I'm from San Francisco but moved to Bristol last year to live with my husband. Brought my doggy with me too! Its been rough living here and we are already planning our move back to SF for next year. (CANT WAIT)

I love to cook and used to have many dinner parties back home. I even started having PIE parties and then soup parties! So much fun, since everyone seems to love PIE! No parties here since I have no friends. :(

I have also been a vegetarian since last September. Ive really enjoyed discovering veggie cooking, which can be a bit challenging.

Anyhow, enough about me! Glad to be here and hope to make some new friends!

Old 01-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
Head Chef

Hello redkitty and welcome to DC.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Welcome RedKitty! In addition to this being a wonderully informative site, everyone is so friendly. Weekends are usually rather quiet but there'll be more people on tomorrow.

Tell us more about your pies!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
Master Chef

Hi and welcome, so glad that you found us. It really is a nice place. Great recipes and members who are here to help you.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
Cook

Hi, redkitty! Welcome! I'm relatively new here as well.

When you move back to SF you'll just be a little ways north of me. I was born and raised in SF and now live in Aptos. I love visiting England but I expect I'd be homesick if I were to move there permanently.

Jan wants to hear about your pies and I want to hear about your soups! My husband and I belong to a monthly soup club and it's fabulous. Some day I'll have the time to start making soups again myself because I really enjoyed it, but right now I'm enjoying having someone else do it for me. :)
Old 01-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

mmmm PIE! The last PIE party we had was in October during our last visit home. I won second place in the sweet catagory for my Chocolate Mousse with Cookie Crumb Crust! It was heavenly... I think Ill start 2 new threads for PIE and soup party info. They are soo much fun!!

Franca, I lived in Boulder Creek for 6 years! I miss Santa Cruz really bad! Aptos is lovely! Dont meet many people who were born and raised in SF! I grew up in Santa Clara, moved up to BC then sold my house in 2004 and moved to SF. All my friends are up there, family is still in San Jose area. I lived in Potrero Hill, very dog friendly area with fabulous views!

I love making soup! My favorite recently is roasted sweet potato, red bell pepper and red onion. Toss all of it in the food processor with some veggie stock and bingo! Easy delicious soup!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Head Chef

I am so sorry you have been lonely in Bristol! I am from Somerset, but joined my husband in Milano recently....had we only met at DC earlier we could have met :( But I know about homesickness, I think I am going to head back to UK sooner than planned too! Maybe if I pop home for a holiday before you leave Bristol we can meet and discuss pie! ;)
Old 01-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Thanks for the reply LuLu, Ill be here in Bristol until spring/summer 2008! Blah! Going back home for a visit in May and then Christmas. Hope you are enjoying all that fabulous Italian food and wonderful wine in Milan! Ive never been to Italy, its on the travel list!!

I love to discuss PIE anytime!!
Old 01-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
I'm an Aussie and live in the North of England. I was homesick and lonely for my first couple of years, but now have plenty of friends...

I'm always around, and travelling about, so if you like, we can meet up and I'll made northern potatoe bie, or better cheese and onion pie!

Don't be a stranger, you'll fine plenty of company here.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Hi redkitty, welcome to DC! Soon enough you will meet a few more nice members from U.K. I think it's about time you post that award winning Chocolate Mousse recipe in the cake section!! Have lots of fun here!