Hello from Hertfordshire, UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chicken legs

Assistant Cook
Hi I've just joined because I have a cooking problem but I will certainly be browsing and sticking around from now on

I'm 73 years old, married with two daughters. My first grandchild was born two years ago - we didn't think we were going to get any but my daughter produced a son when she was 42 and is now having another baby.

I am a piscatarian and my husband is an omnivore. So we make our own meals - he likes cooking and makes a meal from scratch every day. I don't enjoy it and tend to use Quorn and ready made fishcakes etc.

Best wishes

Hallo from Italy

Hi! I'm Hellen, I'm 41 years old and I live in Italy. I have three daughters, in a few days is Halloween I would like to ask you what is Halloween cake I could cook for my daughters :chef:
In Italy is not very spread to celebrate it but my daughter Serena has an Irland 's father friend and I'd like to make them a surprise :LOL::LOL:
Thanks a lot !
Hellen

Welcome, chicken legs. (love that name! :))

Hellen.....that is Andy's 'signature line'. It appears under all of his posts. "an apple pie from scratch" means homemade and not prepared from a box mix. :)

I don't know what is "a apple pie from scratch":rolleyes::(
:) It means you start with all the ingredients and you make the pastry yourself and prepare the apple filling yourself, assemble the pie and bake it. In other words, you don't buy the pastry from the freezer cabinet and the apple pie filling in a tin.:)

Hi I've just joined because I have a cooking problem but I will certainly be browsing and sticking around from now on

I'm 73 years old, married with two daughters. My first grandchild was born two years ago - we didn't think we were going to get any but my daughter produced a son when she was 42 and is now having another baby.

I am a piscatarian and my husband is an omnivore. So we make our own meals - he likes cooking and makes a meal from scratch every day. I don't enjoy it and tend to use Quorn and ready made fishcakes etc.

Best wishes
Hi Chicken legs. I'm another Brit. I live where the Derbyshire/Lancashire/Cheshire borders meet. There are quite a lot of us here on DC. It's a secret plot to get our own back for 1776 ;)

Hi Chicken legs. I'm another Brit. I live where the Derbyshire/Lancashire/Cheshire borders meet. There are quite a lot of us here on DC. It's a secret plot to get our own back for 1776 ;)

;) I got a secret for you Mad Cook. You lost twice. 1776 and 1812. It sounds like you all may be gluttons for punishment. Time to give up the fight. But do stick around. We enjoy all our members from all over the globe. But we do love our Brits! :LOL:

;) I got a secret for you Mad Cook. You lost twice. 1776 and 1812. It sounds like you all may be gluttons for punishment. Time to give up the fight. But do stick around. We enjoy all our members from all over the globe. But we do love our Brits! :LOL:
I was hoping no-one would notice 1812!:)

Hello, Chicken Legs, Hello Hellen -

I'm English and I live in Italy - welcome. This is a great NG (Newsgroup). I've learned such a lot since I've been contributing - and reading the threads, which are always interesting, and the contributors are all very knowledgeable. I do hope you find the same.

Hellen, It's a bit late now to do much for Halloween - it's already dark here!
and tomorrow is All Saints (Ogni Santi), so Halloween will be over by then, but you've come to the right Newsgroup to find out what it's all about, there's nothing like Halloween alla Americana!

I look forward to reading your posts.

Nice to get to know you both

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I am originally from Rochdale in Lancashiire (or it used to be Lancashire, now I understand it is Greater Manchester county). I've been in the USA since 1973 - had a 5 year stint back in England 19820 -1987 as husband was in the USAF. I still cook British foods and I recently started ordering Lancashire Tea through Amazon :) Nice to see some fellow Brits here.
Save

Back
Top Bottom