"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Hello from Ireland

Hi everyone!
I'm lezah (aka Hazel). I'm 22 and I live right slap bang in the middle of ireland, where I study graphics.

my "food history" goes something like this; I grew up living in the middle of nowhere. My parents had a big garden where we grew a lot of our fruits/veggies (still do, but not to the same extent) and we had livestock so we had milk, wool and meat from that. It was all very natural, wholesome and hearty.
Then I went out into the big bad world to study and kind of forgot about caring about food. I ate pot noodles and ice cream for dinner and felt fine... well, for about a year. I guess I must've had a lot of 'goodness' stored away from my childhood because I don't think many people can eat crap for a year and not notice.
So eventually I realised that this was making me unhealthy. Oopsies. That was around the end of first year of college- i'm in 4th year now, and eating pretty healthy since. So yeah, I'm generally interested in high protein low fat recipes/techniques, and generally tips on managing space and time in a tiiiny student kitchen.

wow, what a long introduction.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Hello....Welcome to DC....Make yourself at home!!

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
Master Chef

Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Welcome to DC!!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Welcome! So grateful you have found this place. Source of strength, in more ways than one. If you will be consistent, this site will take hold and you will always want to return.

Oh, I have heard such wonderful things about Ireland. Most of all, the scenery is exceptional. Seems word of mouth that makes people want to visit. Sounds like you had the perfect environment when growing up. Now the main thing is that this practice will continue. Hopefully, you will want to with all the recipes suggested on this site. I appreciate the comments that are shared when a recipe is given.

Good luck to you and hope you will be returning often.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
Assistant Cook

Welcome!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Welcome, hazel. Glad you could join us.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome, Hazel. My husband and I visited Ireland in 2003 - we rented a car and stayed in farmhouse B&Bs. We had a wonderful time, great food, people, music, sights - can't wait to return and see the east side next time
Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
Executive Chef

First Hello and welcome!!Second I would adore visiting Ireland one day! Such a beautiful place! Also what a great childhood, simple yet I bet you apprectiate the little things in life!
Hope you enjoy yourself here, you will find a wonderful group of people with the biggest hearts you've ever seen!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hi, glad you joined up!