Hello from Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lezah

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone!
I'm lezah (aka Hazel). I'm 22 and I live right slap bang in the middle of ireland, where I study graphics.

my "food history" goes something like this; I grew up living in the middle of nowhere. My parents had a big garden where we grew a lot of our fruits/veggies (still do, but not to the same extent) and we had livestock so we had milk, wool and meat from that. It was all very natural, wholesome and hearty.
Then I went out into the big bad world to study and kind of forgot about caring about food. I ate pot noodles and ice cream for dinner and felt fine... well, for about a year. I guess I must've had a lot of 'goodness' stored away from my childhood because I don't think many people can eat crap for a year and not notice.
So eventually I realised that this was making me unhealthy. Oopsies. That was around the end of first year of college- i'm in 4th year now, and eating pretty healthy since. So yeah, I'm generally interested in high protein low fat recipes/techniques, and generally tips on managing space and time in a tiiiny student kitchen.

wow, what a long introduction.

img_696028_0_6055a9a22786eecb7545b7b6de5937e4.gif

Welcome! So grateful you have found this place. Source of strength, in more ways than one. If you will be consistent, this site will take hold and you will always want to return.

Oh, I have heard such wonderful things about Ireland. Most of all, the scenery is exceptional. Seems word of mouth that makes people want to visit. Sounds like you had the perfect environment when growing up. Now the main thing is that this practice will continue. Hopefully, you will want to with all the recipes suggested on this site. I appreciate the comments that are shared when a recipe is given.

Good luck to you and hope you will be returning often.

Welcome, Hazel. My husband and I visited Ireland in 2003 - we rented a car and stayed in farmhouse B&Bs. We had a wonderful time, great food, people, music, sights - can't wait to return and see the east side next time :)

First Hello and welcome!!:chef:Second I would adore visiting Ireland one day! Such a beautiful place! Also what a great childhood, simple yet I bet you apprectiate the little things in life!:)
Hope you enjoy yourself here, you will find a wonderful group of people with the biggest hearts you've ever seen!

County Cavan, Ireland

:chef: Welcome! :chef:

My maternal grandmother, Rose , was born and raised in County Cavan, Ireland. She came to America in 1910 and stayed until her death in the early 1950s.

My maternal great-grandfather, James, was also born in County Cavan. He left for Scotland as a teen to find work,later married, and had my grandpa. Grandpa left Scotland and came to America in 1910. He met his future wife, Rose, on the boat to NYC.

:chef: MAX

wow :) Thanks so much for the warm welcomes, links and Ireland stories! It's all too easy to take the place for granted when you live there. (My parents moved to Ireland from Germany before I was born, so those of you with Irish relatives are genetically more Irish than me, heh!)

seems like there are people here from every corner of the world :)

this may be an over-share, but I was just gathering together an online gallery (mainly for friends/family) so if anybody wants to see a few photos you can check it out here; (take out the "*") http://*web.me.com/lezah/Hazels_iWeb_site/Ireland/Pages/Old_Photos.html

Back
Top Bottom