Hello from Italy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucia

Assistant Cook
Hi, I'm Lucia, I'm italian at 100% and I live in Milano. I'm still a teenager but cooking is my passion. I love every kind of food from every country:ROFLMAO:. So I tought that post in an american cooking forum is a good occasion to improve my english and share my italian recipes!
I'm sorry for every gram mistake I did, I study english at school but I'm still young, and I have so much to learn. signal my mistakes, it will be a good advice for me. :chef:

Your english is GREAT!!! I'm impressed!

Welcome, Lucia! I can't wait to see some of your Italian recipes!

Look for "urimaniac13" to say hello - she lives in Italy, and is one of our Site Helpers.

Glad to see you finally made it her Lucia!! You are doing great with your English! What is your favorite thing to make? When I think of wonderful Italian food I think of maybe a seafood risotto, or some kind of chicken with garlic, lemon, kalamata olives, tomatoes, and a bit of white wine. So........if you have some favorite recipes you would like to share with us just fine the forum that best suits them i.e., post chicken recipes in the Chicken, Turkey Forum, pies and cakes in the Dessert Forum, etc. Looking forward to seeing your favorite recipes.

Your english is alot better than my Italian. I look forward to your recipes. Welcome to DC.

thank you everybody! how many anwersin few minutes! in my city there are several typical recipes. My favourite ones are "cotoletta alla milanese" and "risotto alla milanese". I love them! I think you already have theese recipes but I'll be glad to share mine.
What is my favourite thing to made? Of course sweets and bread (and pizza!). I use to make bread with a particular leaven, we call it "pasta madre" (I really don't know the english name..). It's a leaven that you must "cultivate" in your home and "refresh" it every three days. The real pizza is made with this leaven. If you don't know it I'll be glad to show mine and add some recipes.
I really like this chemical aspect of cooking, in fact I'm doing a scientifical high school.
Oh, great! Some italians here?! That's wonderful, maybe they could help me with english. :)

Hi and welcome, so glad that you found us. It's great having people from all over the world to talk to and get recipes from. There are lots of members here to help you with any questions.:)

Ciao Lucia,
I live in Milano too (vicino a parco Solari), but I am English, and your English is a lot better than my Italian, so I am embarrassed! We have another Milanese person here too, he is RDG, and very nice.

Benvenuto a Discuss Cooking!

But I am told I must say "meneghini"! You will probably see me driving around in my English car holding up the traffic :) ;)

Benvenuta e ciao Lucia, sono Licia!!:-p
Sono di Roma, beh, veramente sono americana ma sto qui da 4 anni con il mio compagno Cristiano. Bella Roma!
Ke fico, ce l'hai un vicina da sto forum, Lulu è una simpaticona! Mi piacerebbe chiacchierare con te su di tanta cosa, Piacere conoscerti!!

(welcome Lucia, I am Licia! I am from Rome, actually I am American but I have been here for 4 years with my partner Cristiano. Roma is great! How cool, you have a neighbour in this forum... Lulu is really nice. I look forward to chatting with you about lots of things, nice to meet you!)

Hehe! it must be really hard to learn our driving way for an english!
Vun ingles che l'è deventaa meneghin! (an english who's begun "milanese", from the "meneghino" dialect, but I don't know if it's right, haha, cause it's a language that we have lost, unluckily)

Licia! ma che bel nome, chissà...forse perchè assomiglia al mio? Complimenti, Roma è stupenda! (Milano un po' meno..)
Per fortuna ci son degli italiani! Richiederò il vostro aiuto MOLTO SPESSO. haha!

Licia, what a nice name! mmh...maybe cause it looks like mine? Compliments, Rome is amazing! (Milan a little bit less..)
Lucky me! There are some italians! I'll ask OFTEN your help. Haha!

Sorry, not really italians but "someone who live in Italy". It's a good stuff however! "Americanitaliani" and "Inglesitaliani"!

Last edited:
Lucia said:
Hehe! it must be really hard to learn our driving way for an english!
Vun ingles che l'è deventaa meneghin! (an english who's become "milanese", from the "meneghino" dialect, but I don't know if it's right, haha, cause it's a language that we have lost, unluckily)
"oeuna inglesa che l'è diventàa meneghina".....My milanese slang is much better than my english:LOL: :LOL: ....Hi, lucia, welcome here...May be YOU'll have to correct me....
I've posted a recipe for ossibuchi and risotto, and I was thinking about the cotoletta's one....But please, I'm curious to read your version...As you probably know, there are two main possibilities....
When you'll meet lulu, give her a kiss by me..... ;)

May be I know you in another italian forum?

Yeah, sorry, she's a lady! My father is trying to tech me the "meneghino" but He doesnt remember it so good too. I post on the cookaforum sometimes, do you know it?
ahah, I wrote "begun"! "iniziare"! sorry, I meant "become", as RDG said.

Last edited:
Well I'll beasking for everyone's help on Monday because I start an intensive Italian course near Piazza XXIV Maggio then. I chose the school just because I like the Navigli! My husband is from Firenze, so he is learning the local slang of Milano too, of course no Tuscan slang here - I have to remind him Coca Cola, not Hoha hola!

Lucia said:
Licia, what a nice name! mmh...maybe cause it looks like mine? Compliments, Rome is amazing! (Milan a little bit less..)
Lucky me! There are some italians! I'll ask OFTEN your help. Haha!

Sorry, not really italians but "someone who live in Italy". It's a good stuff however! "Americanitaliani" and "Inglesitaliani"!

Yeah, Lucia and Licia both from Italy, now things will get a bit complicated here:LOL: Actually my full name is Felicia, but I am not really fond of it, Licia is much better... a few other versions are also used by different people, Licetta, Feli, Li, they are all okay, too!! (just don't call me Felicia!!!!!!);) I do have another nickname I am really fond of and used it for many many years, it is "Charlie" but somehow Italian folks don't like it, insisting that "it is a boy's name!!":wacko: :huh: (one thing I noticed, my impression is that people here are quite particular about what are "guy" things and what are "girl" things... aren't they?)

BTW, RDG is a REAL Milanese to the bones, so we do have some authentic Italian company, too!!;)

Lulu: hey! I'm born in Tuscany! But only cause my parents were in holidays and I'm born at the seventh month..but i go there every summer! Hoha hola hon la hannuccia horta horta! Hahaha!
urmaniac: I really like the name Felicia! Felicità! Happiness! But if you don't want, I'll call you Licia, I like it too!
Haha, a real milanese! I'm a real real real milanese too! From hundreds of years (my parents always remind me, cause I don't like so much Milano)
About "guy" and "girl" things? I really don't know! I've never noticed it, but maybe it's cause I've never lived in another country!

Hi Lucia, a warm welcome to you from your next-door neighbour! I see that you have already got acquainted with some DC members living in Italy. I hope you have lots of fun here!:)

Boufa, are you Greek? Cause here in Italy we say: "una faccia, una razza" (a face a race). It means that we think that Greeks looks like us. We love Greeks! In the classical high school students study ancient Greek! (I don't cause I'm doing the scientifical one), and exactly today I was talking with a friend about we'd like to live in the ancient Greece. Oh, what a lovely culture! And now I'm studying Aristotle, tomorrow I'll have a test!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom