Hello from Mascouche Quebec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamisan13

Assistant Cook
I am a mother of 2 and grandmother of 5 kidlets under the age of 9. I am joining this group in the hope of finding new and fresh ideas. At the moment I am planning a birthday party for my youngest granddaughter who is turning 3. We have exhausted so many routines that we thought of doing something different. A Mexican Buffet with Tacos etc. I am hoping to find inspiration here:
I need suggestions recipes decorations and anything else you can offer.

There will be about 15 adults & 8 kids.

HI and welcome to Discuss Cooking.

For your grand's birthday party, a taco bar sounds good. Maybe several kinds of spicy meats -- ground beef and shredded chicken, assorted toppings and cheeses. Refried beans, salsa chips, sour cream, guacamole. Easy once it's all set up buffet style.

For a kids' game, a pinata sounds like fun (says this grampa while thinking about blind-folded kids swinging sticks or baseball bats.) Maybe just one stick and they take turns. I have seen pinatas here at Latino markets, already filled with candy. Maybe available at a party store too?

Welcome to DC! I like the idea of a taco bar and pinata. Maybe a cookie or cupcake bar with so many little ones? Bake or buy unfrosted cupcakes or cookies and set out a variety of frostings, sprinkles, chocolate chips, coconut, etc. for the kids to decorate. If you have leftover Halloween candy, you could freeze it, chop it up, and add to the topping mixes.

A baked potato bar is also nice. A bunch of jacket potatoes in a roaster, along with toppings like bacon, butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, chives, taco meat or chili, etc.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome from near Montreal. Waves.

If no one else has a link to a recipe for "taco meat", I will try to find my husband's recipe.

Back
Top Bottom