Hello From Memphis, Tenn.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharonT

Sous Chef
Hi – I have landed here after searching for a food discussion forum with a wide scope and lots of action. I had all of that with the CompuServe cooks forum for a long time, but sadly can no longer post there since not with CS anymore… It is still a great source for recipes but it feels bad to just lurk there all the time and not chip in…and - it’s not always easy to find folks who just plain don’t ever tire of talking about food and cooking! This looks like it might be the place.

I’ve enjoyed cooking for many years but have only been REALLY obsessed for the last 15 or so. I’m a part-time caterer with one cooking partner (we usually only do 12 to 15 dinners or parties in a year) and I also head up a volunteer group which does a “fancy” fund-raiser luncheon seven times a year. I’m always on the look-out for gourmet-style recipes that can be reasonably adapted to feed 200 at our luncheon.

My every-day cooking is for my “DH” and me - my two grown-up daughters also frequently come to dinner. One of my daughters has an avid interest in cooking and has a real flair.

So… I’ll go and post a recipe somewhere here and look forward to being a part of the new “community.”

Sharon
from Memphis:)

Ciao from Rome and welcome to DC, Sharon!! You have come to a right place, and you are darn right we never get tired of talking about food:LOL:

I hope you will have just as much fun as we all do here!!

Good to have you here, think you will find it a good cooking site with lots of other stuff thrown in.

I was born and raised in Memphis.... still have relatives there and still miss the BBQ (of course).

What do you cook and why?

img_289654_0_a2f08713b5933cf0c3b1bf6cfc5fbf29.gif

Welcome to DC, Sharon! It`s wonderful to have you here with us! :chef:

Welcome to the site. It sounds like DC is what you were looking for. We love to talk about food (and everything else) and never tire of it :)

Back
Top Bottom