Hello from Missouri!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Everyone!

It has been, roughly, 7 years since I have been on this website! I used to love coming here and I'm looking forward to talking about food with you all again! :chef:

As my username implies, I am currently a Dietetic Student at a college here in Missouri and I am very excited to say that I will be graduating this December!!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello! See you around! :)

Hi Everyone!

It has been, roughly, 7 years since I have been on this website! I used to love coming here and I'm looking forward to talking about food with you all again! :chef:

As my username implies, I am currently a Dietetic Student at a college here in Missouri and I am very excited to say that I will be graduating this December!!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello! See you around! :)
Hi to you too. I wasn't around when you were last here. Good luck with the graduation - yes, I know it's hard work not luck that does it:)

You would probably remember me as Goodweed of the North from that far back. In any case, welcome back. As a student of the diet, you will learn so very much. I look forward to your posts, both as a foodie, and as a dietician in training. Just remember, there are always new ideas coming forth in the medical community. What is valid today is just the current "best guess", and is likely to change before too long.

But like as was said to Spock in one of the Star-Trek movie, to paraphrase; "Spock: [to Dr. McCoy] I don't think he understands. McCoy: No, Spock. He means that he feels safer about your guesses than most other people's facts." or something like that.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I drove through misery, er, um, I mean Missouri once, while towing a camping trailer with DW and four kids. It was close to 100'F., and then it rained. Everything was steam. We stood in the rain to let it cool us down. I don't understand how anyone can live in that climate. I'm good between 0'F. to about 80. Then I start getting too hot. That's why I live way up on the Canada border. If I'd have been able to talk DW into it, when we were your, I'd have moved to Alaska.

DW on the other hand, loves 90' temps of Southern California. I used to sleep as far from her as possible on our king-sized waterbed, as she just made me uncomfortably hot. I often slept on the bare mattress, and used it as a big heat sink to suck heat from my body.

I like the temp here better. I hope you like the temperatures of Missouri. I couldn't live there. It's too hot for me.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom