"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to Kinkajou Send a message via MSN to Kinkajou Send a message via Yahoo to Kinkajou
Hello from NC

Hey there. I'm Kinkajou, and I absolutely love fruit! One of the things I've noticed while looking through cookbooks and websites is the many uses that fruit has in a variety of recipes.

I'm trying to start cooking more, and adding more variety to the meals I make. I sort of got into a rut where I have been eating the same things, mostly frozen dinners and Hamburger/chicken/tuna Helpers and I'm sick of it. My fiance seems to like it that way, but I want more variety and to be able to be more creative with my food. I've got more than enough time, so why not try to cook better? I've accumulated several cookbooks, and last week I bought a spice rack with various spices that I'm just now starting to learn how to use.
I'm just tired of the dinner-in-a-box meals, its rather boring really. Food should be fun to eat, as well as fun to create.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
Master Chef

Hi Kinkajou and welcome to DC.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Flour Child

Howdy Neighbor!
Help yourself to some Fruit Pizza
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FruitPizza.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	8044  

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to Kinkajou Send a message via MSN to Kinkajou Send a message via Yahoo to Kinkajou
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
Howdy Neighbor!
Help yourself to some Fruit Pizza
YUM! Do want!
Whats underneath the fruit? Looks like either yogurt or frosting, but its hard to tell.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
Flour Child

...it looks like a fruit tart which would mean a shortbread cookie-like crust and custard filling (like vanilla pudding). Harris Teeter has gorgeous fresh ones on sale right now for 9.99...mounded high with a fresh fruit assortment....color saturation at it's grandest! I've tasted one from there and they are deeeeelish!
...type in "fruit tart" in the IMAGE section of google...wow! But none look as good as Harris Teeters.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Yeah, I've seen these in Harris Teeter's bakery, never bought one though. I'll certainly have to try it.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #7
Cook

Good looking meal!

http://www.2day2eat.com
2day2eat is offline   Reply With Quote