Hello from New Orleans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abandonship

Assistant Cook
Hi. I am a cook by trade and by life. I am currently the kitchen manager (don't call me chef!) of a up and coming club in New Orleans. I love all food, sometimes too much. ;) I love to cook Cajun, Japanese, and above all, Mexican food. So, hello!

thanks all

Thank you all for the warm response!

In terms of Japanese cuisine, I think that simple is better. Fresh fish and soy is unbeatable! I prefer udon over any other noodle (save maybe fried ramen), and a great ginger dressing is a must. I am currently working on a fusion sauce for ground beef dumplings made with habenero and ginger. Spicy on the front and tangy on the end.

As for New Orleans, I am determined to let everyone in the U.S. know that New Orleans is THRIVING and is more than ready for all you foodies to come visit and enjoy an American and global tradition. We are alive and cooking!

Welcome to DC! My 21 yr. old daughter was in N.O. twice this year for recovery work. She fell in love with your city and the people there. She loved the houses, too, because they were all different colors!

Welcome abandonship! I grew up in Mobile and spent a lot of time in the Big Easy. I love it down there. Glad you're here and I look forward to your posts and recipes!

Thanks again, all.

GreenLady, Thank your daughter for me. Despite the news, we all all working diligently to get things as close to normal as possible, and we appreciate all the volunteers. They have made our recovery possible. Without them, we would all be left in quite a bad situation. The amount of volunteers that have and still come down and continue to work renews my faith in people.

Cook on!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom