Hello from North Valley Stream, New York, USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arlene B. Heed

Assistant Cook
My name is Arlene and I am married with 2 young adult children. I cook for our family and I love to try new recipes. I feel a recipe is a challenge. I have cooked a lot of Italian dishes although I am not Italian. I have recipes from Newsday, a Long Island newspaper. I have a lot of cookbooks. And, I find recipes online. i just sorted my newspaper, magazine and online printed out recipes into a file cabinet into folders labeled: drinks, yogurt and fruit, bread, muffins, and breakfasts, salads, appetizers, chicken, pasta, pizza, beef, pork, veal, lamb and desserts.

Welcome, Arlene! :flowers:

That recipe sorting and filing....ongoing job, isn't it? I'm so far behind...:LOL:

Welcome to DC, Arlene. Do you want to come the Ottawa, ON area and sort and file my recipes?

Sure, one day! I got this idea from a Who's Cooking? recipe in Newsday (I save them). They feature reader's recipes once a week but not every week. The lady said she had tons of recipes in files. She sounded very organized. I have been preparing for a partial house renovation so I needed to go through all my papers and things. Putting recipes in my file cabinet allowed me to have a place for them that I could easily access.

Welcome, Arlene! :flowers:

That recipe sorting and filing....ongoing job, isn't it? I'm so far behind...:LOL:

Yes, it could be. I have finished doing it after spending weeks going through my papers and recipes. So now, if I have a new recipe that is not in one of my cookbooks, I just file it under one of the categories: drinks, yogurt & fruits, appetizers, salads, pasta, pizza, chicken, turkey, veal, lamb, beef, desserts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom