Hello from OKC! Here's my story.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeKe

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone!

I am 23 and a single mother to a 7 yr old girl here in Oklahoma City. I did not grow up in a cooking family - I grew up on fast food and it was considered a "treat" if my stepdad cooked hamburger helper (no, really) or pork chops and fries covered in shortening. So basically I did not have the luxury of having my parents teach me how to cook however I want to learn how to cook healthy meals for my daughter. I work FT and am in nursing school FT so this past year I have done nothing but eat fast food and have gained about 40 lbs. I just took a leave of absence from school today to get myself refocused as I was drowning with my schedule - I worked 7p-7a, went to school from 8a-4p, then had to stay up till 9p with my daughter.

Anyway, now that I wrote a book LOL, with this time off I figured it'd be great to get myself healthy with preparing good meals for us and going to the gym. Can't wait to meet y'all!

Welcome to DC! An acquaintance of mine (and her husband) cut fast food out of their diets (they have triplets!) and each lost 20 lb in 3 months. They ate at home, home cooked, simple meals (how much time to cook does s/one have running around after toddler triplets!).

Welcome to DC, nice to meet a nursing student and very glad you are looking after your own health. Something nurses forget to do.

Thank you everyone!

PrincessFiona60, you are so right! Are you a nurse?

Back
Top Bottom