Hello from Pa.!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OldeSummerKitchen

Assistant Cook
HI, just found your forum here and can't wait to read over everything and join in!! I love to cook and bake. My user name comes from an old summer kitchen we fixed up as our first house on my in laws farm. It used to be used to do all the baking and canning in the hot days of summer. We turned into a living quarters until we built our house across the street on the family farm. I started my own business out the summer kitchen as well, named it after it...I make my own candles and most of them all are in bakery and fruit scents as I love to bake...
We are in Pa. and raise cows as well:) Nice to meet you all!!

Heather

Howdy from AZ

Heather:

Welcome. I was born and raised in Eastern PA. I now live in AZ but, sometimes I miss the gardening possibilities in the East. I would love to see photos of your place of business so I can indulge in some nostalgia.

Enjoy DC

:)

HI, just found your forum here and can't wait to read over everything and join in!! I love to cook and bake. My user name comes from an old summer kitchen we fixed up as our first house on my in laws farm. It used to be used to do all the baking and canning in the hot days of summer. We turned into a living quarters until we built our house across the street on the family farm. I started my own business out the summer kitchen as well, named it after it...I make my own candles and most of them all are in bakery and fruit scents as I love to bake...
We are in Pa. and raise cows as well:) Nice to meet you all!!

Heather

Hello and welcome from another PA resident.

Hello!
Welcome from another PA friend! I can tell by your description you aren't from my area! I'm in Philly. Where in Pa are you? This is a wonderful food site...I hope you enjoy it here. The people here are very friendly and helpful.
Chrissy:chef:

I am about an hour north of Philly. Right near Allentown:)

Hi again OSK:

I was born and raised in the Anthracite Coal Country around Frackville, St. Clair, Pottsville, PA. No family there anymore, but lots of nostalgia regarding PA. Beautiful country in and around Allentown, close to Mushroom Country. I used to love to shop at Hess's department store in Allentown. When I was a teenager I would drive my mom down there, we'd make a day of it. Then we'd come back to feed dad around suppertime. Does all this talk suggest where my user name came from?

What is it you make in your Olde Summer Kitchen? What do you like to cook and what have you found at the DC site?

Best,

Pennsy

Hi again OSK:

I was born and raised in the Anthracite Coal Country around Frackville, St. Clair, Pottsville, PA. No family there anymore, but lots of nostalgia regarding PA. Beautiful country in and around Allentown, close to Mushroom Country. I used to love to shop at Hess's department store in Allentown. When I was a teenager I would drive my mom down there, we'd make a day of it. Then we'd come back to feed dad around suppertime. Does all this talk suggest where my user name came from?

What is it you make in your Olde Summer Kitchen? What do you like to cook and what have you found at the DC site?

Best,

Pennsy

I am near Kutztown:) I make homemade candles in the olde summer kitchen at first but now moved my business across the street in my new home. Love to bake:) My mom in law used to work at that Hess's way back. I used to shop there too with my mom as well years ago. Don't people always talk about the Strawberry Pie there?

OSK and LadyCook: I'd almost forgotten that. We used to enjoy all the surrounding area of Allentown. I once thought I'd like to live there. Got some great food around Kutztown, wasn't there a State Teachers College there?

Good luck with your business, OSK! Maybe some time we'll get back there.

Best,

Pennsy

Went to school in Philly, but did a lot of traveling around the state to different areas to sample things from the many markets that are there. Now in New York I still get down there a few times a year. Glad to have you aboard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom