Hello From Pennsylvania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chuffle

Assistant Cook
Hello All:

I just found this site while I was doing some research on my Hobart/KitchenAid K5SS mixer that I bought for my parents "way back when," and inherited about ten years ago.

I manage to do pretty well in my little kitchen, but am looking forward to moving in the next few months to my grandparent's farmhouse. The kitchen is large enough that I'll even have room for a kitchen table!

I enjoy food (sometimes way too much), enjoy preparing it, enjoy sitting around the table for hours with friends, and enjoy my coffee (folks always ask why I have so many coffee makers...never know what type of brewing method I'll be in the mood for, so I just keep 'em handy).

I haven't really read a whole lot here yet, but what I have read so far has been interesting, and I look forward to digging through page after page as the weeks and months slide by.

Joe

Thanks for the welcome!

The house has been empty for twenty years, so I am in the midst of painting and having things like hot water installed (there was no hot water when my grandmother lived there...and there was a little house out back for those times when one needed to "go").

Next year, I fully intend to have a nice large garden, not the little postage stamp that I have here in the city. I can't wait to can tomatoes, and beets. Mmmmmmmmm!

Joe

Welcome to DC!:)

There is nothing more charming than a farm house in the country, as long as you get that indoor plumbing and hot water installed.

Corinne said:
Welcome, Joe! PA Cooks Rule!!!

I recently realized - I've been in CT for 10 years now but it's still not home & never will be. If anyone asks where I'm from I will say that I live in CT now but that's not "where I'm from".
So funny that you should say that...

While I will be moving from suburban Pittsburgh to rurality a two hour's drive north and a bit east, I'll be returning to my roots.

Over the years, I have traveled around the country (and please, don't anyone take this the wrong way), and always found myself missing the hills and valleys of the Keystone State. I guess that it has something to do with where our "roots" are.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom