Hello from Philadelphia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrissyMc

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone!
My name is Chrissy and I just joined this site. I am married with 2 kids, ages 19 and 20. I live in Philadelphia. My favorite hobby is cooking, and my second favorite hobby is reading about cooking, lol. I love to surf the net looking for new sites, recipes or blogs.
I've worked in the food industry for several years, and I recently got my dream job of working as a cook in a private residence.
Two years ago, I decided it was time to start taking care of myself, so I changed my eating habits and chose to live a healthier life. To date, I've lost 168 lbs. I'd love to lose about 30 more. I know I'll never be a size 8, but if I could just lose 200 lbs...But even if I can't, I'm happy where I'm at.
I'm so happy to have found this site...I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Chrissy

Thank you everyone for the welcome...I noticed that with the more posts you have the cooler your title gets, lol. Kitchenelf, do you really have over 19,000 posts? I can't imagine ever thinking up enough things to say. Everyone is so friendly here that I may rack up a few posts, but usually I am very quiet, and a lurker.

it's very unphiladelphian of me to admit this but.....I don't eat cheesesteaks! But if I did, it would be from Jim's Steaks. Pats and Geno's are famous for being famous, lol

1111111.gif

Hi Chrissy, although a lifetime new yorker here, I went to school/ lived in philly for 4 years. We go back and visit a few times a year making sure to stop at the Italian market, center city pretzel co. , and reading terminal market.

welcome aboard

larry

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the welcome. I love those places too. I can drive to the Italian Market and wander around for hours. Parking is a nightmare around the Terminal, so I don't go as often as I'd like. I can take the bus, but i always end up buying so much, that I can barely carry it, lol.
Chrissy

This past year we went to the flower show, so it was very convenient for us to just walk across the street and do our thing. But yes, parking can be a real treat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom