Hello from Saskatchewan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crestman

Assistant Cook
So glad to have found this site...Looks great so far!

I have always had a love for food and it brings me great joy to share food with others. Nothing makes me happier than feeding someone, and if they enjoy it I'm on top of the world.

I consider my self a very inexperienced cook, however, there is definitely no shortage of passion.

Thanks for the great site!

Keith

Keith, welcome aboard! You will find many fellow Canadians here. Where in SK are you?

img_277688_0_56937587b0ff055e8a7f4a966be4f0f4.gif

Welcome to DC, Keith! Alix is right, we've got a fair number of Canadian here, so you'll not be wanting for canuck company :) Part of what makes DC the awesome place that it is, is the vast number of people from all around the world that meet here to share in our great love of cooking, as I'm sure you'll see.

Lovely city Keith, been there many times. One of my best friends comes from there originally. Glad you joined us.

Notice everyone is giving you a warm welcome? It could be that they know that anyone from Saskatchawan needs all the warmth they can get.:ROFLMAO:

But seriously, as I am from Sault Ste. Marie, MI, just accross the border from Sault Ste. Marie, ONT., I know something about cold weather too. In any case, you will find the international group on this site to be knowledgeable, freindly, and a lot of fun. If you love to cook, and love to share your knowledge, and learn from others, you're gonna love this place.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
Notice everyone is giving you a warm welcome? It could be that they know that anyone from Saskatchawan needs all the warmth they can get.:ROFLMAO:

But seriously, as I am from Sault Ste. Marie, MI, just accross the border from Sault Ste. Marie, ONT., I know something about cold weather too. In any case, you will find the international group on this site to be knowledgeable, freindly, and a lot of fun. If you love to cook, and love to share your knowledge, and learn from others, you're gonna love this place.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Wow!!...Thanks again everyone!

GOTN....The only talk of cold this time of year should be of the beer...eh!

Keith

I'm glad you have joined us Keith. Don't worry about being an inexperienced cook. We have every level of expertise here, from professional chefs to people who can barely open a can--and we are all equal here and are here to help each other.

:) Barbara
2.gif

Welcome, Crestman. How cold does it get there?? We had -40's this past winter in Kazakhstan. Sure cured the hot flashes that I was having in Houston. ha! This is a great site--you'll learn a lot aboot cooking.

expatgirl said:
Welcome, Crestman. How cold does it get there?? We had -40's this past winter in Kazakhstan. Sure cured the hot flashes that I was having in Houston. ha! This is a great site--you'll learn a lot aboot cooking.

Well, it gets pretty cold!...-30 is not unusual, add wind chill to that and we see -40 once and a while. On our extreme days, we do see a core temp of -45 with wind chill it can dip below -50. But I tell ya what, you get that temp on a clear sunny day (and we have a lot of those!) and WOW is that beautiful!!!...Most "average" winter days are around -20 and usually there is a slight wind chill making an average temp of about -25 or so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT000920

Keith

Back
Top Bottom