Hello from someone who knows nothing about cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shayla

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone!

I don't really know if this forum is the right one for me, but I'm hoping to get some help finding recipes for some foods that I've liked, but don't know how to make for myself. I'm a real picky eater, so I'm hoping for some guidance in finding ways to eliminate this or that ingredient. And maybe I'll just find some things by wandering around :)

If this isn't a good forum for that, could someone give me some ideas of where to look?

Most recipes with the exception of baking can be made to include or exclude the things you don't like, but you may find out you like more than you think when you really get into cooking. When I'm cooking for my family I know their likes and dislikes, but I don't change my recipes and they usually like them anyway.
Good luck in your cooking and glad you decided to drop in.

Welcome. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfy. Glad you stopped by!

This is a great place for that. You can look at the existing recipes posted through the sub forums or use the search feature to find specific recipes posted here. If you have questions about the recipe just ask and I'm sure someone will answer, usually the person who posted the recipe. If you still can't find what you're looking for after searching just ask. People are pretty friendly and willing to help. Welcome to DC.

The best possible way to find things to make in this forum is the search function.

If you want to get a nice quick look at some of the best things the forum has to offer do a search for "Signature Dish." You'll quickly find some fantastic recipes.

Is there any specific recipes you're looking for? Even tips on how to use a specific ingredient?

Hi and welcome to DC :) You've come to the right place! Don't worry about the comment Bolas made, he's clueless but he cooks alright :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom