Hello from the Azores !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azoresgal

Assistant Cook
Hello to everyone, So glad to have found this place, My name is Diana, I am Canadian. I have lived in the Azores (middle of the atlantic ocean) for 9 years. I am married, and am a stay at home to our 3 children, Tomas (6) Sara (4) and Simão (9 mnths). I am also the proud mother of an angel Emma , who we lost to stillbirth at full term, 5 years ago. (Gone, but never forgotten:angel: ).
I love to cook it is a passion of mine, I am 32 and have been cooking for as long as I can remember !!! I baked my first cake , chocolate icing and all when I was 9, from scratch, to surprise my mom when she came home, for her birthday!! Thanks for having me, look forward to all your great recipes, and sharing some of mine!!:rolleyes:

Welcome Diana,
We would love to share recipes with you..So nice to have you here at DC.

kadesma:)

Welcome to the site! We are so glad you joined us. My wifes fathers family is from the Azores. I can't wait to hear about some of your favorite recipes from there.

img_277443_0_d4e036696d32a3f4c9c2690727259ff9.gif
TO YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY!

img_277627_0_0a33010a38adc46178df38d3bb21d8a5.gif

Welcome Diana, it's wonderful that you've joined us here.

I visited Portugal when I was in my teens and found the rustic, hearty cuisine to be very interesting (the creamy, eggy desserts were my favourite dishes). Please don't hesitiate to share your recipes with us :)

Ciao/Bom dia Diane!! (if I am correctly Azores is a part of Portugal...?)
I have never been to Azores but it must be a beautiful place!! I would love to hear more about it, as well as yourself and your family, and the local cuisine!!

Hi Diana--welcome! I'm glad you have decided to join us. There are some great people here. I have never been to the Azores, but I have always wanted to go. I hope you will share some pictures!

:) Barbara
15.gif

Alcatra recipe

I was stationed there in the Air Force years ago. Do you have an Alcatra recipe that is close to authentic. I've tried but mine just isn't the same

Back
Top Bottom