Hello from the Black Forest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markus-O

Assistant Cook
Viel gruße from Germany. I'm a recently retired Canadian ex-pat living in south western Black Forest region of Germany. I'm the new chief cook and bottle washer in the house so I'm looking for ideas and maybe I can share some local recipes.

Prost
Markus

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Markus.

My paternal grandparents migrated to the United States from the Black Forest of Germany. What a beautiful part of the world.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2] We've hosted three exchange students from Germany and visited there a few times. Such a beautiful place. I look forward to seeing your contributions to the forum.

Welcome to the forum! My great, great grandparents on my mother's side were immigrants from that region. We visited the region when I was only 8 years old, but I don't remember much about it.

Looking forward to hearing about your kitchen!

Welcome! I'm of German decent but have never been there. Most of the meals my oma made for us were based on the foods she grew up with in Germany, but with ingredients she could get here. There were no wurst or speck available when she first arrived here.

27696-albums1090-picture7741.jpg

Back
Top Bottom