Hello From The Great Lakes State

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChezScooby

Assistant Cook
My name is Ruthie and I am a certified chef. I do not work as a chef any longer due to arthritis setting into my hands, but I still love to entertain and do all kinds of cooking at home. I love having dinner/cocktail parties, and in fact have one coming up soon and I cannot wait to start preparing for it.

I have been happily married to David for almost 22 years and we have 4 children together, 5 grandchildren and 1 VERY spoiled mini lab.

I love love love ScoobyDoo (hence my screen name), and I have collected Scooby items for years. I'm kind of running out of space for him. lol

I am an avid sports fan, and love watching and going to all kinds of games through out the year. Basketball is my favorite sport and I never miss watching the Detroit Pistons, even while they are in their slump. I love hosting Football parties, another reason to cook!! :ROFLMAO:

I also collect any tpye of Pistons items as well as wines. I LOVE wine!! :w00t::w00t:

My husband and I do a lot of traveling and we love tasting all kinds of new foods while we are away.

I also love to scrapbook, quilt, and read. Mostly I love spending time with my ever growing family. The grandkids are the best and you always get to send them home!! ;)

Well that is pretty much me in a nutshell. I am looking foward to getting to know all of you and trading tips, recipes etc!!

Welcome to DC ruthie from South Dakota. Look forward to hearing some great recipies from your dinner parties. It's a great place to get new ideas.

Sault Ste. Marie. I'm not sure where Purple Alien Giraffe is from. After all, she's an alien. And though I have been labeled a goose, she's a self proclaimed purple giraffe.:LOL::wacko:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

What's wrong with purple giraffes? Or aliens? And you do too know where I'm from; you were there at my birth. But it's cute that you tried a come-back. Wow, three sentences in a row started with conjunctions and one is a fragment. It's a good thing Mrs. Faunt is still alive or she'd be rolling over in her grave.

By the way , Goodweed is my dad. I'm not sure how a goose that's also a weed ended up with an alien giraffe as offspring. If you ask him though he'll probably blame my mom.

Also, do you prefer Scooby, Chez, or CS as a shortened version of you user name? I told everyone they could call me Jess but the board seems to like PAG.

Sorry, this is rambling. I'm overly tired and had one too many energy drinks to make it through the shift last night.

I dumbed down my writing when my kids, giraffes, cubs, and whatever they want to call themselves, complained that my writing, and speech were too correct, so as to be stilted and boring. They wanted me to speak and talk like everyone else in our little, sometimes backward town. So I obliged them, and what do I get; complaints, nothin' but complaints. What's a Goodweed to do? (heavy, sigh!):rolleyes:

In any case, as everyone else has stated, we are happy to have you aboard, and look forward to exchanging ideas about all things cullinary, and otherwise.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom