Hello from UK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hotspur

Assistant Cook
Hi all!

Just another newbie from the UK.

No expert at cookery, just interested and pretty amateur. (And vegetarian!).

Hi welcome! I just joined here yesterday and am also from UK (which I sometimes call yuk! :rolleyes: )

Yay! Another veggie from the UK - me too! I'm vegan and super excited to learn more recipes!

Welcome to all of you.

See Mad Cook, I told they are showing up in droves. So you won't be so lonely now. :angel:

Welcome Brits! My son-in-law is from Hazlemere south of London. Although I'm not a vegetarian, my wife and I still eat a lot of vegetarian meals. Have fun...

:LOL:

We're taking over. Revenge for 1776 ;)

Aha! And we tried to take over during WWII when we sent all our boys over there to steal the hearts of the young lassies. They even brought back a few of your girls.

Myself, I married one from The Lakes District up in Cockermouth. Took me forever to figure out what a nappy was. :angel:

Aha! And we tried to take over during WWII when we sent all our boys over there to steal the hearts of the young lassies. They even brought back a few of your girls.

Myself, I married one from The Lakes District up in Cockermouth. Took me forever to figure out what a nappy was. :angel:
Don't try saying 'fanny pack' over here!

Rosie the Roomba arrived late yesterday. She was sitting downstairs with a bunch of other packages that UPS just dropped off. Spike saw all the packages and knew the big one was mine. So he brought it up to my apartment. If Spike hadn't come last night and the package remained down there, UPS would have been hearing from me.

Right now she is sitting in the closet charging. And I am feeling so lousy I don't care. If it hadn't been for Spike, it would still be sitting in the big box it came in. He is the one who opened it and put everything together. And I would have pushed the big box into the closet unopened. :angel:

Rosie the Roomba arrived late yesterday. She was sitting downstairs with a bunch of other packages that UPS just dropped off. Spike saw all the packages and knew the big one was mine. So he brought it up to my apartment. If Spike hadn't come last night and the package remained down there, UPS would have been hearing from me.

Right now she is sitting in the closet charging. And I am feeling so lousy I don't care. If it hadn't been for Spike, it would still be sitting in the big box it came in. He is the one who opened it and put everything together. And I would have pushed the big box into the closet unopened. :angel:
I've seen those in the Lakeland catalogue and was very tempted but what happens in the corners?

We expect an essay when you've had a go with it:)

As for the visiting GIs in WWII - as they used to say in Britain "Over-paid, over-sexed and over here!"

According to my mother even just dancing too often with GIs was enough to get you a bad name! A favourite gift to a British girlfriend from a GI was a pair of stockings (virtually unavailable even with coupons here) But American stockings were seamless so when you wore them every one knew where they came from and they thought they knew what you had to do to get them!!! (you young 'uns use your imagination;))

When going stocking-less it was usual to get your mother, sister or a friend to draw a line down the back of your calf with an eye-brow pencil to simulate the non-existent seam.

Americans were very polite and called you "Ma'am" when they asked you to dance she said. She was always terrified she would stand up for a slow foxtrot and end up doing this instead
Wartime Dancing (WWII) - YouTube

Where did you find your man from Cockermouth, Addie?

Welcome! I'm new too, and this is a terrific place. I've gotten loads of ideas already!

I have two Roombas! I love 'em! As for the corners, just a brush. Brush it to the floor and they eat it right up.

Back
Top Bottom