Hello, I'm a Grandmother from West Virginia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratton

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I'm a widow now for 7 years, I live in a historical town in a house that is over one hunderd years old.. Built in 1886.

I am no suzy homemaker since my husband passed away and my 22 year old grand daughter lives with me. We just cook what is necessary to get by, as she works and is only home in spurts.

My daughter and son live close but he is a brittle diabetic and I do not get to see him often. My daughter works and is married and busy all the time. I must say she makes time for me.

This brings me to the reason I found this site. Her husband was "helping" and let her favorite pot burn. He was warming beans for supper. Now her pot is unsuable and we have tried all we know to get the burnt off the bottom. She has tried a sheet that you add to the dryer and let it soak. nothing. soda the same result. so we need help.. other wise her husband will Never get out of the dog house. :)
Thanks
Stratton

burnt pot

It is a two quart enamal pot with lid. I think some would use it as a chili pot. Green in color.

It is not an expensive pot, but a favorite pot. one that been handed down from daughter to mom and mom back to daughter.

Thanks for the welcome.

Stratton;)

Welcome to the site stratton. I would highly suggest oven cleaner. Get one that is used as a "cold oven" cleaner.

Pile it in there, put the lid on, and let it sit for a couple days - YES, a couple days. Scrub and if necessary do again. I think you will find that this works. :chef: But let us know for sure!

Welcome to the site stratton. I would highly suggest oven cleaner. Get one that is used as a "cold oven" cleaner.

Pile it in there, put the lid on, and let it sit for a couple days - YES, a couple days. Scrub and if necessary do again. I think you will find that this works. :chef: But let us know for sure!

good idea kitchenelf, i often use it to clean yucky pans and the removeable cermic tray in micro, gotta take it out of micro to do it though. i have a self cleaning oven, so really don't use it there.

hi stratton, you will love it here.

babe:wacko::wacko:

Welcome to DC Stratton! We always use Bicarb soda as a paste or boil some vinegar to remove burnt residue. Sometimes the enamel in the cheaper pots doesn't withstand the removal process though, so just check it out before your daughter uses the pot again - if ever!

Welcome to DC Stratton. Nice to have you here with us.

The other day I saw a lady on TV clean out the bottom of a burnt pan with Coca Cola soda pop. She put some in the pan and brought it to a boil and let it simmer for awhile. Then took a brush and rubbed it out, she repeated this a couple of times. The pan looked like brand new when she got done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom