Hello, I'm Joe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCJoe

Senior Cook
I've been cooking since I was a kid but find myself more interested now in good nutrition and better meal planning.

I've cooked for groups in my Fraternal Lodges, Church, and in City Missions for the less fortunate. I'm wanting to cook on a River Boat as a crew cook now days. This is why my growing interest in nutrition and meal planning. I hold a "Serve Safe" certificate, Local Health Board TB skin test exam compliance, CPR First Aid, and TWIX card presently.

The signature line, "Spice Rack", is my own website and I hope it will be interesting and helpful for all who find time to browse thru it.

Hope to interact with others here soon.

Hello & Thanks

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome.

Sorry to be so late getting back to this thread but I've been absorbed in reading this book "24 Hours in Ancient Rome" by Philip Matyszak. Pa 182-191 "The Cook Gets Frantic....hour 11 (1700 to 1800 hours)

Thought I'd share this for it's "then and now" entertainment value. Tiger Steak,
Fillet of Giraffe, Crocodile (said to taste like chicken) and other animals killed at the Colosseum each day weren't wasted. But food is just part of the fun you'll have reading it.

I think I now have a better understanding of Federico Fellini and his films like "8 1/2". If I ate their cuisine, I'd have some weird dreams too.

Thank you

Thank you Josie & Just Cooking :)

I've had some half decent weather here so I've been pruning my fruit trees and tending to garden prep details. Hopefully my trees won't grow dehydrated fruit again like last year in 100+ degree weather with no rain.

Back
Top Bottom