Hello - Kinds of Gelatine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hkteresa

Assistant Cook
Hi, my name is Teresa and newly joined :ROFLMAO:

Can anyone help me, how to change the Gelatine powder qty into Gelatine sheet ??

Thanks

Hi, Teresa and welcome to DC! I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question...

img_226356_0_29879638e6fcf1a70ce01e0968cb0367.gif
WELCOME TO DC,TERESA!

Hi Teresa, a big friendly welcome to DC! I'm glad that you've joined our wonderful cooking family!

Here is a link with an excellent break down of the conversion ratios for different types of gelatine: Gelatine subs. I hope that this link is able to help you :)

img_226743_0_0a38def79341fdf7e7f1e9d2c7ae03d2.gif

Thanks ! & Happy Valentine Day!

Thanks a lot !!
Do you known any about VEGETARIAN GELATINE ?
Any informations about cooking with Essentail Oil, I only have one book from Menkit Price, I want to have more especially about cakes and derserts.

Thank you all :LOL:

hkteresa said:
Thanks a lot !!
Do you known any about VEGETARIAN GELATINE ?
Any informations about cooking with Essentail Oil, I only have one book from Menkit Price, I want to have more especially about cakes and derserts.

Thank you all :LOL:
Hi Teresa, you're very welcome :) I do know a bit about vegetarian geletine, primarily agar-agar which I've used with good results. Here is a tread on that very subject that we had here on DC a while back, perhaps it will help to answer some of your veg geletine questions: Agar-agar

By essential oils do you mean things like vanilla and almond extract or "purer" oils like the ones used in food processing (or something else entirely different)? :)

Hi, Jessica,
Thanks !!
Essential oils = Aromatherapy Essential oils (organic and high grade), I've some experience in cooking with them, but I want more receipe.

Teresa

I have had great results using agar-agar. I don't think there is really another substitute that works quite as well. I have used Arrow root in place of corn starch, but that's more for thickening sauces such as those in Asian cooking and not for aspices, molded salads and desserts and such like agar-agar / gelatin.

:heart:
Z

Do you know the product namely *Jelly T* which is a type of plant colloid, I get information from a Taiwan Cook Book.
The texture of agar is a bit hard in a experience. Do you know how much agar vs liquid ? I want to use it to replace the animal gelatin which is commonly used in mousse and cheese cake. thanks !

Back
Top Bottom