Hello new friends!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathome

Assistant Cook
My name is Karen, but my forum name is kathome. Meaning "k" "at" "home".

I am retired and living in Abilene, Tx, but missing my two grown sons, 1 daughter in law and 2 grandchildren who live in another state.

I've been the chief chef :chef: at home since I was 11 years old and love to cook. Just good old home cooking, no fancy dishes with hard to find ingredients.

My other great love is crochet. I am a "threadie", meaning I crochet with thread almost every day. Sometime I'll have to post some photos of my work.

I lead a quiet but healthy life and look forward to reading and learning here.

Karen

Hello, Karen, and welcome. There are lots of animal lovers here -- care to tell us about your kitty avatar? Sure is cute.

Welcome to DC! I've seen your avatar starring in a really goofy cat story website, one of my fave pics!

My avatar is a pic I found long ago and used to have in my cubicle at work. Whenever I was feeling down, I could just look at the pic and crack up.....

My avatar is a pic I found long ago and used to have in my cubicle at work. Whenever I was feeling down, I could just look at the pic and crack up.....

I read somewhere that the helmet isn't a lime, it's a pomelo! Good to know if you want to dress up your cat.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what a pomelo is. I t sounds better than Lime Cat. Lime cat sounds like something from a Basil Rathbone / Sherlock holmes in Black and White movie. Lime House, is that a prison or a place for wayward poor children. All my kids are well behaved and well cared for. Pomelos sounds better more frisky than Lime Cat. And something I may latently wont to dp to my little brother when we were in grade school. I first saw this pic along with Orange Cat.

PS I love My Cats. They are more talkative and have greater opinions on DC than I often give them credit. PS Some dastardly cat was caught sneaking into some south american prison this week with lock picks and jail break tools strapped to its body. Did you set this up? if so you should be commended. PS If you are into crocheting, I bet it was indeed you. PS. I think there is a whole thread ( pun intended) on DC just for you. As for the rest of us, we cook. My cats don't allow mayo in their tuna. other than that, we get along fine.

You're wellcome.

Welcome to DC. I too am a threadie. Knitting, crocheting and embroidering. right now my fingers are silent. I recently had eye surgery and am waiting for my next eye exam so I can finally get prescription glasses.

This is a great place for ideas, friends and just fun in general. :angel:

I'm not sure what a pomelo is. I t sounds better than Lime Cat. Lime cat sounds like something from a Basil Rathbone / Sherlock holmes in Black and White movie. Lime House, is that a prison or a place for wayward poor children. All my kids are well behaved and well cared for. Pomelos sounds better more frisky than Lime Cat. And something I may latently wont to dp to my little brother when we were in grade school. I first saw this pic along with Orange Cat.

PS I love My Cats. They are more talkative and have greater opinions on DC than I often give them credit. PS Some dastardly cat was caught sneaking into some south american prison this week with lock picks and jail break tools strapped to its body. Did you set this up? if so you should be commended. PS If you are into crocheting, I bet it was indeed you. PS. I think there is a whole thread ( pun intended) on DC just for you. As for the rest of us, we cook. My cats don't allow mayo in their tuna. other than that, we get along fine.

You're wellcome.
To the best of my recollection I have no knowledge of the aforementioned dastardly jail breaking accomplice to which you refer. The fact that I am a crocheter, and that my cat closely resembles the accused is purely coincidental . :cool:

Hi Kathome,
cute avatar and name.Welcome to the group. Look around then find a forum that makes you smile and jump in.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom