Hello, new member here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

500nets

Assistant Cook
:chef:hi all, wanted to introduce myself.

i am a mom of two awesome girls, i like cooking everything from scratch, using healthier ingredients than i see in pre packaged., im very passionate about cooking ever since i bought the house i grew up in. Its like my mothers spirit is infused in the kitchen, Im a vegetarian, and i practice the art of trying new things....everyday.;)

is there anything about this site i should know?
are there any tricks you would like me to know about your cooking?
like neat little hints?

like...today i made a vegetarian chili, and discovered cocoa powder (no sugar of course) makes it that much richer and awesome.

like...today i made a vegetarian chili, and discovered cocoa powder (no sugar of course) makes it that much richer and awesome.

If you add the cocoa powder right before serving then you get less bitter and more rich!

Welcome! There are TONS of tips and tricks here.

Here's one, rice is a huge flavor sponge!!! Either cook your rice in veggie stock or add bullion to the water and it enhances any dish you make with it!!!

thanks man

im new to the cocoa powder in anything but dessert idea. Im reveiwing my entire idea of spices/herbs altogether actually......i just now discovered that not all paprika is the same, i love my central market! :cool::ROFLMAO:and whole foods!

yes sir i knew all about the cooking in stocks, i made my own veggie stock recently using miso and potato peels, i froze the stock in ice cube form and discovered.......i need a new set of trays for that, garlic/onion/plastic........bad idea:ohmy:

please sir could u direct me to the most interesting threads, i cant seem to find my way:D

Welcome to DC. It must be wonderful to cook in your mom's kitchen, with her house being yours now!
please sir could u direct me to the most interesting threads, i cant seem to find my way
Since interests are variable from one person to another, your best bet is to use DC's very handy search feature for your particular interests. Have fun.

im new to the cocoa powder in anything but dessert idea. Im reveiwing my entire idea of spices/herbs altogether actually......i just now discovered that not all paprika is the same, i love my central market! :cool::ROFLMAO:and whole foods!

yes sir i knew all about the cooking in stocks, i made my own veggie stock recently using miso and potato peels, i froze the stock in ice cube form and discovered.......i need a new set of trays for that, garlic/onion/plastic........bad idea:ohmy:

please sir could u direct me to the most interesting threads, i cant seem to find my way:D

If you go up top and mouse over "General Forums" You will see an option "All Forum Listings" This is a nice organized tree that will point you in the right direction for whatever you are in the mood for! The specific forums are down near the bottom.

Have you tried cinnamon in your chili!? Add it early and it tangs of middle eastern fare.

Welcome!!!

I've discovered a little chile powder in a batch of hot chocolate is wonderous. Not much, but it adds a new dimension.

And savory cheesecakes...I'm adding small diced pepperoni, roasted red n green peppers and chopped sun-dried tomatoes to my next one. Haven't decided on a crust, yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom