Hello out there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piersonhuff

Assistant Cook
I am a newbie to this sight and actually any forum site but since I am always looking up recipes and whatnot on the web and this site comes up alot, I thought I would join it. I am currently a homemaker with a one year old daughter. I love to cook. I belong to an organic Farmer's Cooperative and try my best to live an organic, healthy lifestyle. If anyone on this forum has shared interest in organic living, please let me know!

Ta for now

Welcome. I know you will enjoy it here. Lots of great recipes and members who will answer any questions or get you an answer.:)

Hi, I hope you like it here. I have a small farm that we do vegatable and fruit growing on. We grow our food organically and I can and freeze lots of it. I do my best to eat healthy and keep the pesticides out. Although, I am far from perfect and have been known to do alot of unhealthy things too.

Ciao Linda, and welcome to DC!! We are so very happy to have you with us, have fun!!:)

Hi Caroleaine

carolelaine said:
Hi, I hope you like it here. I have a small farm that we do vegatable and fruit growing on. We grow our food organically and I can and freeze lots of it. I do my best to eat healthy and keep the pesticides out. Although, I am far from perfect and have been known to do alot of unhealthy things too.

It is progress not perfection , right!?! At least I hope so, because I am far from perfect (sometimes fast food french fries just call me :) But I am trying to be better about it because my daughter watches me like a hawk! Anyway, where is your farm? I love that you grow your own. We just moved out of NYC and then I got pregnant, so I haven't been able to start mine, but the coop is the next best thing! I hope to start a garden next spring, so I may be writing you for advice on organic ways to keep the pests out.

Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:
I try to eat a mainly organic diet. I have been doing this for the past 10 years or more.

All the meat I cook is organic from a local butcher - and most of the veg and fruit, too. Sometimes, though, especially in the winter period, it is not always possible to get good organic produce in as many varieities as I'd like.

That's not to say I don't weaken and buy tinned soup (only Baxter's which is the nearest to homemade!), Marmite etc... :) And I don't take it to the extreme of some friends who make their own Ketchup etc.

Organic Living

Ishbel said:
I try to eat a mainly organic diet. I have been doing this for the past 10 years or more.

All the meat I cook is organic from a local butcher - and most of the veg and fruit, too. Sometimes, though, especially in the winter period, it is not always possible to get good organic produce in as many varieities as I'd like.

That's not to say I don't weaken and buy tinned soup (only Baxter's which is the nearest to homemade!), Marmite etc... :) And I don't take it to the extreme of some friends who make their own Ketchup etc.

My husband adores Marmite! I'm afraid I never got a taste for it, though knowing you are in Scotland, I have to say that before we started trying organic living, I tried haggis and I loved it!

We try to only buy locally grown meats, but I definitely only by meats that are grain fed and have not been injected with antibiotics or hormones. I do buy organic canned soups, but we are lucky to have a Whole Foods supermarket close by. Do you have Whole Foods in Scotland? It is a great chain that started in, of al places, Texas! They carry a large variety of Organic foods, produce, meats, boxed cereals, rice milk, eggs, etc. EVERYTHING! I love that store. There is also another chain in the Western US called Wild Oats that is similar and a smaller chain called Trader Joes, though neither have the variety of Whole Foods.

What part of Scotland are you from? My husband has been to Scotland but I have not, though I really want to. My great grandfather was a Campbell!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom