Hello to a bunch of friends I haven't yet met...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndreainDC

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone

Thought this seemed like a good place to talk food with a lot of nice folks.

A quick bio:

I'm mostly from DC (for the last 25 years, more or less), but my husband and I just upped sticks and moved to Maine in October. (Now must learn to like seafood more... too many fishsticks growing up.)

Not a professional cook, but cooking is my passion. Have never met a potato I didn't like. Not vegetarian, although we eat vegetarian quite often. And I like to bake, although I go in spurts - depending on how my jeans fit. I own far too many cookbooks (just ask my husband!) and read a fair few cooking mags. Fortunately we have a basement, where I keep my collection, so structural improvements to the house are not yet necessary.

I have a four-year-old daughter who keeps me on my toes, and I work part-time (architecture).

Looking forward to lots of food chat and to making some new friends!

Andrea

img_212076_0_046a93180fe1cd356fdc309cf22767c7.gif

Hi Andrea, a big cheery welcome to your new kitchen away from kitchen :chef:

Hi Andrea:chef:

Welcome to our community - I am looking forward to some great food chat with you!:)

Welcome to the site! We are so happy you found us. What part of Maine are you in? I am your neighbor just to the South in MA. I hope you like lobster :chef:

Hi Andrea,
welcome to the DC family..I know you're going to love it here. Look forward to sharing recipes and some fun with you.

kadesma:)

Boy oh boy, AndreainDC, did you find ever find the nicest place in the world to discuss food and recipes! I look forward to your recipes.....Sandy

Welcome Andrea! I could get used to seafood everyday but I live in the "chili" state. I have a 3 year old too who keeps me going all day. I look forward to exchanging great tips, recipes and conversation with you.

Bienvenue, Andrea. I'm still trapped near D.C. and got here by way of Chicago, Memphis, and St. Pete, FL. Congrats on getting out of the silliness that goes on in Our Nation's Capital.

Betcha miss the Maryland crab cakes, though....

Hi GB-
Hope I am doing this right, with the quick reply. Am in Brunswick, about half an hour north of Portland. Thanks for the welcome! Nice to know there's another friendly face up this way!
Andrea

Hello Andrea and welcome, you sound like so many of us here!! I bet you will love it and we also look forward to hanging out with you!! Have fun!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom