"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 09-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hi, dudank. Welcome to DC. Looks like you've gotten everyone's attention. Got mine, too. I've always felt garlic was one of the basic food groups.

Come on down and have fun with the rest of us. Glad you've found us.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Hi dudank, and welcome to Discuss Cooking! I can't wait to try some of your recipes. Do your husband and boys like to cook, also?
Terry

Old 09-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Ohhhhhhh, thank you so much for such a friendly welcome! I really feel... excited and honoured.

Both me and my husband cook because... both of us love to eat!!! I am not sure who is better, for he has his own specialities, and I have mine. Of course, there are several dishes that we are competing about. If I ever divorce, it will be because he is claiming that his pancerottas are better.

The elder son (16) likes fancy food, so he manages to be slim well, I would be perfectly slim too if I made experiments like him. Have you tried Nescafe with yoghurt and cinnamon? Or omelette with pickled carrots and horse-redish? Not? Try it and I promise you'll be slim, for you will have to throw away the most of your experiment. Or to throw up the most of your experiment. (I need one nice green puking smiley here, but there isn't any, alas.,)

The younger one is 6 "big" means that he is pretty big for his age and his dream is to be a cook. Already has his own apron and ladle. And likes to read aloud the recipes from the cookbook for me, when I need them. Which is so sweet... but not after hearing the same recipe for the 12th time in 5 minutes. (Especially if he reads the amount of flour while I am counting tablespoons of oil. Seven... eight... two glasses of flour... nine... four eggs... ten... eleven... a teacup of milk... thirteen? fifteen? **** it!!!!!!)

Balkan cuisine is not so easy to define basically, it's of the Slavic origin but again, it is influenced by so many countries and traditions, and has its own versions of many foreign dishes: Greek, Turkish, Magyar, Austrian, Mediterranean. If you agree (and I guess you will... I really didn't expect so many garlic lovers! thanks in that wonderful plant's name!) I can start a new thread in the Ethnic Foods (as much as I could see, there's no Balkan cuisine there), and I think the proper name for it would be "Balkan Mix".
Old 09-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Nice to hear your description of Balkan cuisine, dudank. I have Slavic origins and enjoy so much of its dishes. I look forward to you sharing recipes with us.