Hello to all the cookmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudank

Assistant Cook
The cooking - that's my way to express my love to all the people I love. I hope they appreciate it. :rolleyes: But having a husband with a belly and two big and healthy sons, I guess I am not that a bad cook. And I haven't poisoned anyone so far. As much as I know at least.

As we are a multinational family, my husband and me adore to make experiments with food of different countries. So I want to share our experiences with other people. I also promise I will steal your recipes. ;)

Our speciality is Balkan cuisine, for we live there. I hope you won't mind if the amounts of onion, garlic and hot spices on this site rapidly increases.

Wish you good appetite, whatever you are eating today!¨:chef:

Welcome I am not familiar with Balkan cuisine but would love to learn so will be watching this site for all of you good food. The pickled cabbage sound interesting. so tell us more
Just what other countrys are close to you as I am trying to picture where you are ???

Welcome to the group Dudank, you have my attention, spices,hot or mild, garlic,onion..perfect. My family love to eat and learning about other foods and different countries is great. Come share with us, we will love it.

kadesma:)

Welcome to DC, dudank! Garlic, onions, and hot spices are very welcome, as well!

Welcome to the site! I am not familiar with Balkan cuisine either (that I know of), but I have yet to find a cuisine I do not love. I can't wait to hear about some of the things you make.

welcome dudank!

you will find many friends here, i predict. your endearing sense of humour and love for food and family will fit in here quite well. :)

and i think you caught a few of us on your hook of onions, garlic and hot spices. :clap:

Hi, dudank. Welcome to DC. Looks like you've gotten everyone's attention. Got mine, too. I've always felt garlic was one of the basic food groups.:rolleyes:

Come on down and have fun with the rest of us. Glad you've found us.

Ohhhhhhh, thank you so much for such a friendly welcome! I really feel... excited and honoured. :)

Both me and my husband cook because... both of us love to eat!!! I am not sure who is better, for he has his own specialities, and I have mine. Of course, there are several dishes that we are competing about. If I ever divorce, it will be because he is claiming that his pancerottas are better.

The elder son (16) likes fancy food, so he manages to be slim – well, I would be perfectly slim too if I made experiments like him. Have you tried Nescafe with yoghurt and cinnamon? Or omelette with pickled carrots and horse-redish? Not? Try it and I promise you'll be slim, for you will have to throw away the most of your experiment. Or to throw up the most of your experiment. (I need one nice green puking smiley here, but there isn't any, alas.,)

The younger one is 6 – "big" means that he is pretty big for his age – and his dream is to be a cook. Already has his own apron and ladle. And likes to read aloud the recipes from the cookbook for me, when I need them. Which is so sweet... but not after hearing the same recipe for the 12th time in 5 minutes. (Especially if he reads the amount of flour while I am counting tablespoons of oil. Seven... eight... two glasses of flour... nine... four eggs... ten... eleven... a teacup of milk... thirteen? fifteen? **** it!!!!!!)

Balkan cuisine is not so easy to define – basically, it's of the Slavic origin – but again, it is influenced by so many countries and traditions, and has its own versions of many foreign dishes: Greek, Turkish, Magyar, Austrian, Mediterranean. If you agree (and I guess you will... I really didn't expect so many garlic lovers! – thanks in that wonderful plant's name!) – I can start a new thread in the Ethnic Foods (as much as I could see, there's no Balkan cuisine there), and I think the proper name for it would be – "Balkan Mix". ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom