Hello to everyone :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purringkitty

Assistant Cook
hi there,

i just wanted to take a second and introduce myself, i'm very new to this and i have so many questions.. so.. heres one...

i have a pretty well equipped kitchen and im starting culinary arts classes in jan but i dont know very much about chef's knives.. i very much like the calphalon contemp series and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good site to order them? Or if there are other brands you might recommend.

( i'm 41 btw lol and this is a gift to myself after raising my demons and i've waited a long time for it so any help you all could offer me would be greatly appreciated )

i look forward to hearing from some of you and thank you, for peeking in :)

Welcome to DC, there is a thread just about knives you might find what your looking for in there or you can post your question in there and I know theres tons of people here to give you advice. Have fun looking and learning!!

Hi, purringkitty. Welcome to DC. You will get plenty of information about knives here. Check out our knife forum. There are 2 pages of threads discussing a variety of knife topics. That should keep you busy for a while. Lots of information.

Enjoy our site. We're glad you've found us.

Welcome to DC.....After researching the knives, maybe you can buy them through the school to save a few dollars. Maybe not. Just a thought! Anyway...

Have Fun and Enjoy!

Welcome to this wonderful site.. I am different than most here I like Japanese knives
I have used them for years and they are ugly but cut with the best of them have a look at some before you buy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom