Hellosies! I'm new here.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuwavemaniac

Assistant Cook
Hellosies!

I'm a 32 year old stay at home mom. My son is 14 and my daughter will be 12 soon. My husband is currently in Iraq ( for the 3rd time) and we have been blissfully married for almost 7 years now.
As my screen name indicates I just bought a Nuwave Oven and I'm loving it! I absolutely love cooking now more than ever and I am always eager to find a new recipe.
I was na always like this though. For years I proudly described myself as "The Microwave Queen". I could cook on the stove top ( thinks like mac n cheese, anything pasta based, breakfast items, etc) and even occasioned an adventure with the oven. I was na too shabby with cooking ( everything has always turned out real nice) however I was not real enthusiastic about cooking. It took tiiiiiiimmmeeeee. LOL! So I preferred to make instant meals and microwavables. I like to eat. I didna like to cook.
All that changed last year when I started watching this British show called "You are what you eat" and after a week of watching that I went fresh. That meant dusting off the old cooking skills and applying them to healthier eating.
No more canned veggies or fruits. Frozen I would work with if I could not get it fresh. No more questionable meats ( like bologna or hot dogs and many lunch meats went the way of the dodo bird).
It was an interesting year because my son decided I had lost my mind ( especially after I got the crockpot) when I cut out the corn dogs, tater tots, prepackaged chicken nuggets, fish sticks, TV dinners and replaced them with healthy soups ( like leek and potato soup yum!), salads and home made fresh from scratch chicken nuggets, burritos, fresh fish etc. He decided that I had become a health freak ( which I am far from being lol). It's taken a year for him to adjust andhe no longer balks from things like 15 bean stew,chicken potato casseroles or a dish served up with some rice ( real rice not minute rice) and edamame.
My daughter loves food period and hasn't even batted an eye in the change of diet. LOL!
My husband was very supportive of the change and really liked the new recipes I came across. Of course as he says anything is better than eating military food.....:LOL:
I love eating healthier.....I'm still not a huge fan of spending all that time prepping, cooking, cooking some more, and then cleaning up the whole mess. In fact that is why I love my Crockpot. I just prep the ingredients at night, fridge them, dump them in the crockpot first thing in the morn and ta da! No worries about dinner and minimal clean up.
I purchased the NuWave Oven so that I can have food from recipes that my beloved crockpot can't cover.
So now you know a little about me. I would love to say that I have awesome recipes to share.......however unless you like stove top throw together noodle dishes ( like tangy home made mac n cheese with veggies and herbs/spices) I doubt I have very little to offer that is my own. For the most part all the recipes I have are from other sources.

-NWM

Hi NWM
Welcome! I too watch "you are what you eat" when I'm feeling brave enough lol
I love cooking & sharing recipes so will help if I possibly can. There's lots of us on here to help, you'll enjoy your stay. :0)

Hi and welcome! My husband served in Iraq too...he's done with the Army now though. Thanks to your husband for his service!

img_793666_0_cb1b5dba52187dc2ac1c9bfd3ed60882.jpg

*hugs*

Hey guys ( n gals)! Thanks for the warm welcome and support towards my hubby! You people are so nice!
I've been wandering around this community and there is just so much to take in! I love all the recipes I am finding ( and helpful tips too)! I can't wait to try them out!

-NWM

It's really nice to have you here. I have joined this community few days ago and feel prevail here as far as my concern.Lot's of people are here who have great exprience in cooking, that will be worthful to me. i am also recipes lover and have some knowledge here.

Does anyone know how to find the serial number on the nuwave oven. I am trying to reister my oven and I can't find a serial number.

welcome

hi and welcome i'm new too so nice to meet you :)

i'm in the uk and was surprised to see you had gillian mckeith#s you are what you eat. Its quite awful to see the food on that program isn't it!

i'm not into soya beans and looking in the toilet at the things i've eaten but i have recently lost 2.5 stone doing a combination of atkins and the gi diet. i've not had any sugar or caffeine in 8 weeks! shocking and now have to create foods with meat and vegetables and no carbs which makes for some creativity in the cooking department!!!

Have fun
Cheri

Hellosies!

I'm a 32 year old stay at home mom. My son is 14 and my daughter will be 12 soon. My husband is currently in Iraq ( for the 3rd time) and we have been blissfully married for almost 7 years now.
As my screen name indicates I just bought a Nuwave Oven and I'm loving it! I absolutely love cooking now more than ever and I am always eager to find a new recipe.
I was na always like this though. For years I proudly described myself as "The Microwave Queen". I could cook on the stove top ( thinks like mac n cheese, anything pasta based, breakfast items, etc) and even occasioned an adventure with the oven. I was na too shabby with cooking ( everything has always turned out real nice) however I was not real enthusiastic about cooking. It took tiiiiiiimmmeeeee. LOL! So I preferred to make instant meals and microwavables. I like to eat. I didna like to cook.
All that changed last year when I started watching this British show called "You are what you eat" and after a week of watching that I went fresh. That meant dusting off the old cooking skills and applying them to healthier eating.
No more canned veggies or fruits. Frozen I would work with if I could not get it fresh. No more questionable meats ( like bologna or hot dogs and many lunch meats went the way of the dodo bird).
It was an interesting year because my son decided I had lost my mind ( especially after I got the crockpot) when I cut out the corn dogs, tater tots, prepackaged chicken nuggets, fish sticks, TV dinners and replaced them with healthy soups ( like leek and potato soup yum!), salads and home made fresh from scratch chicken nuggets, burritos, fresh fish etc. He decided that I had become a health freak ( which I am far from being lol). It's taken a year for him to adjust andhe no longer balks from things like 15 bean stew,chicken potato casseroles or a dish served up with some rice ( real rice not minute rice) and edamame.
My daughter loves food period and hasn't even batted an eye in the change of diet. LOL!
My husband was very supportive of the change and really liked the new recipes I came across. Of course as he says anything is better than eating military food.....:LOL:
I love eating healthier.....I'm still not a huge fan of spending all that time prepping, cooking, cooking some more, and then cleaning up the whole mess. In fact that is why I love my Crockpot. I just prep the ingredients at night, fridge them, dump them in the crockpot first thing in the morn and ta da! No worries about dinner and minimal clean up.
I purchased the NuWave Oven so that I can have food from recipes that my beloved crockpot can't cover.
So now you know a little about me. I would love to say that I have awesome recipes to share.......however unless you like stove top throw together noodle dishes ( like tangy home made mac n cheese with veggies and herbs/spices) I doubt I have very little to offer that is my own. For the most part all the recipes I have are from other sources.

-NWM

Hi NWM!
Welcome to discusscooking. My name is Jennifer Lee.. We love to share tips, awesome recipes and all about cooking. Because we are cooking addicted, huh? Hahaha... btw, you are 32 has 14 years old daughter. Well, I'm 30 and still single. Hahaha! And we have same oppinion about eating healthier.

Back
Top Bottom