"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 02-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
Wine Guy

Welcome! 11 presidents here, too, though I don't remember Ike, and I'm not quite old enough to wax nostalgic about Kennedy, either.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
Executive Chef

From Across The Atlantic

You cannot imagine, what a pleasure it is to have you contributing your culinary brillance and " therapeutic " wise advice and suggestions, online once again. You are truly a cool dude.

Yes, expatriate however, with dual Citizenship ( makes my life much easier having two passports ), however, it has been 17 years on the other side of the Atlantic for me, in the Mediterranean ( have lived in 3 countries since 1994 ) for the positive and for the negative ...

My friend, it is Tapas ( meze, antipasti, small plates ) hour ...

Kindest. Margaux.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Do you know how to set up Avatar Photo yet ?

Brook, Historic Foodie,

Could u help me out ? I wish to put my foto Avatar on --- I set up gallery however, cannot figure out the how to do´s so that each of my threads and post, have my foto and quote too ???

Thanks,
Margaux.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
Head Chef

If you've set up your signature and saved it, but it doesn't appear, go back to the User CP page where you went before for Edit Your Details, but this time go down below that to the Edit Options area in Setting and Options. Go down to the third block of options, to Thread Display Options. Check the boxes you want in Visible Post Elements, usually all three boxes.

Thread Display Options
Visible Post Elements
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
[X]Show Signatures
[X]Show Avatars
[X]Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)
Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Location: Central Kentucky---Where The Bluegrass Meets The Mountains
Well, I'm glad somebody understands that stuff, GLC. Thanks for answering.

Everybody has strengths and weaknesses. Me, I'm a great writer. But technologically an idiot. Comes, I guess, from envisioning an electron as about the size and shape of a green pea.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
Head Chef

For my seventh grade science project, I crafted the human digestive system in clear PVC tubing on particle board. I injected red-dyed saliva, green-dyed bile, yellow pancreatics, etc. When I released the clamp at the end, the class threw a fit, and I got an A. I try to keep in mind that our personal strengths and weaknesses are also relative.

I've been enjoying your posts the past couple days, Brook, and wanted to shout out a belated Welcome!
Old 02-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoricFoodie View Post
Well, I'm glad somebody understands that stuff, GLC. Thanks for answering.

Everybody has strengths and weaknesses. Me, I'm a great writer. But technologically an idiot. Comes, I guess, from envisioning an electron as about the size and shape of a green pea.
You mean they aren't?!?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Location: Central Kentucky---Where The Bluegrass Meets The Mountains
Thanks for the welcome, Spork. Now if you could get me my old typewriter back, that would be a scientific breakthrough.

Of course they are, PrincessFiona. Well, more like small cowpeas, p'raps.

Reminds me of a buddy's signature line. "No trees were destroyed sending this message. But several electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoricFoodie View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Spork. Now if you could get me my old typewriter back, that would be a scientific breakthrough.

Of course they are, PrincessFiona. Well, more like small cowpeas, p'raps.

Reminds me of a buddy's signature line. "No trees were destroyed sending this message. But several electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
My signature sometimes reads, "No electrons were harmed sending this message. They may have been excited."
Old 02-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Thanks to all of you for the instructions on how to get my Avatar on.

Appreciate it greatly.

I am as Techi as a peanut ... however, slowly but surely have been mastering the difficult tasks ...

Have a fab Superbowl Sunday. We are off to our favourite Sportsbar with enormous wide screen tv´s to watch ( we are in Spain ) ...

Mercí, Muchas Gracías.
Margaux