Hey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3nz

Assistant Cook
how are ya guys? well im new to this place, and actually im new to cooking overall...ive always wanted to but between music and school i just didnt have the time, even though im seriously considering studying culinary arts and the most serious thing ive done is a cake...ideas where to start??

Welcome to DC 3nz:)
Glad to have you join us. I'm sure someone will come along soon and point you in the right direction, that will help further your career.

kadesma

Hello, 3nz. Welcome to DC.

If you want to start cooking, and you're only "practicing" on yourself, you might want to begin by preparing things you like.

Start with planning a nice meal. Look for recipes that are simple at first so you can build your skills and confidence. You might want to do your practicing on the weekend or at a time when you can devote several hours to your task.

Cooking is fun and we all make mistakes and have disasters. That's part of the whole process, just like anything else.

Since you're new to the culinary world, DC is an excellent resource. There are many, many members who will help you. All you have to do is ask. And, don't forget, there's no such thing as a "stupid" question. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

We're glad to have you join us.

Hello from LaGrange, Kentucky

By way of introduction I am 67 years young and have been married 47 years to the most wonderful woman in the world. My passions are my family, baking, cooking, woodworking and fly fishing. We recently downsized to a smaller home and I was able to completely redo my kitchen and finally build the kitchen of my dreams. I look forward to exchanging information with everyone.

Back
Top Bottom