Hey!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scrapz

Assistant Cook
Hi! I'm Kathy and live in Texas. I'm new to DO cooking. In fact I have ordered my first DO and it will be here Tuesday. I can hardly wait to get started. I've been reading about DO cooking and care for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to getting started and wow-ing our friends when they camp with us. I've been perusing recipes, trying to find what I will cook first.

I ordered a Lodge 10" cast iron DO. It's usually just the two of us camping, and I think 10" will be a good size. After I get an idea of the weight of the oven full of food, I'll know if a 12" is a good idea for me or if I should get another 10".

Hi Kathy, welcome to DC. What part of Texas are you in?

img_711410_0_277e9859631abf4ad88805de946eaeae.jpg

Hey!
I used to take DO camping. Well, when I used to camp... I didn't do anything fancy in it, but used it to cook stews and beans. I also flipped the lid upside down and that was the breakfast skillet. It worked well. I would scrape some coals away from the fire and rest the lid on them. I had a 12" from Cabela's and recently got a small 3-1/2 qt Lodge for the home.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm in the DFW area. I do some fancy stuff on the camp stove. At least it looks fancy, I don't make hard stuff. I hesitate to use my rv oven. In the summer it heats the place up too much. In the winter I'd rather save my propane for the furnace.

Back
Top Bottom