Hey all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phu

Assistant Cook
I'm a programmer from Minnesota (currently trapped in the humid [wow, these are some strict word censors] which is Florida); I've been looking for some new forums and ran across this one.

I love to cook -- mostly Chinese and Italian, though recently I've been getting into Japanese food, particularly sushi. Now if only I could get wasabi that actually IS wasabi without paying through the nose to have it shipped here.

Anyway, hello. :cool:

Welcome Phu! I've heard the 'wasabi' lament alot. I don't understand why the International Markets haven't carried the real stuff.:)

Wow, very quick and warm welcome. Thanks! :)

I have a heck of a time getting my girlfriend to eat ANYTHING spicy, but she loves the horseradish wasabi we get, so it's not all bad. :LOL:

Slowly build up her tolerance phu. When we started dating my wife was not crazy about spicy foods. I love spicy though and thankfully she loves my cooking and has a very open mind to trying new things. Each time I made something I would increase the heat level just a little. She now enjoys the heat and looks forward to spicy foods.

Welcome.......yep very strict censorship here. I had one ofmy posts deleted this week for being to political. However this is a great site for those that love to cook.

I forgot to mention my best friend was a wimp when it came to spicy foods too. With him I just had to insult his manhood a few times (always around women) and that cured him of his problem. Now he will pop chilis into his mouth without even thinking about it :)

HA! Interesting tactics. :LOL:

It's very hard to start her out easy, as even the slightest spice send her running (ever had the mild salsa at Chipotle? Yeah...). Good advice, and I'll have to see what she can handle; she's certainly up for new foods, as long as they don't have meat (which makes cooking interesting; good thing she likes tofu).

As for the censorship... thank goodness. I admin several sites, and one of them is a high-traffic, non-stop flame war over religion, politics, you name it. Bleh.

phu said:
non-stop flame war over religion, politics, you name it. Bleh.
That is something you will never find here :cool:

I should say, on the topic of spice again, that I did not sneak the spice into the food. My wife was aware of what I was doing and willing to at least taste what I had made.

Yeah it can be tricky if she is that sensative to it. Good luck that that!

Thanks... no, it'd be pretty much impossible to sneak even the slightest heat past her. She's willing to try whatever I cook, pretty much, so that's not a problem. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom