Hey guys... remember me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grumblebee,
Beside from your Bento being a gorgeous presentation, it is healthy enough to keep you going the whole day. You just inspired me. Just got off of work but I'm going into the kitchen to make a nice, healthy dinner for my family.

At my old job, I wanted to purchase some Shokado Bento (black lacquered) boxes but they wouldn't let me. I just made do with the existing china but I REALLY wanted a four-compartment bento box for this presentation.

Clockwise from top left:

1. Duo of Hamachi and Ahi Sashimi with Soy and Wasabi
2. Dungeness Crab and Rock Shrimp Cake with a Soy-Mustard Butter
3. Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Tian with a Yuzu Aioli, Micro Greens, and Tomato
4. Pan Seared Diver Scallop with Spicy Tobiko, Wakame Salad, and Ponzu Butter

Ironchef that looks totally fantastic! Wonderfully presented but I see where you are coming from re the bento box. Japanese influenced food just cries out to be presented traditionally.
Still, I would have no probs at all having those four china plates put in front of me!!:cool: :) :)

Grumblebee! I'm so glad you're back!! We've missed you!
Those obento boxes are fabulous!!! When you get your camera fixed, please keep us updated on your beautiful lunches!

Ironchef, as always, a gorgeous presentation!

Rachel Ray!

guess who was talking about your Bento box? Rachel Ray!! Am I impressed? Or I am impressed!!! I just couldn't believe it. Just got home. First turn on computer and read DC. Then flipped on recording of Rachel from this morning and there it is. She just started talking about them and I didn't continue watching cause i wanted you to know you are ahead of the game! Do you think she was reading the thread? Who knows? She just is talking about which one she likes for making lunch for some school kids. Well, I am happy for your return and I think you should feel great for telling us about something that is approved by Rachel Ray.

Thanks and keep on keepin us informed. Your pictures look too good to eat. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom