Hey, I'm new to cooking, but I figure I'd start here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you gotta start somewhere! Enjoy the bakery thing, and learn all that you can. Many folks don't get that kind of hands on experience, and baking is a wonderful science to master.

Is there anything in particular that your bakery specializes in?

Welcome to DC!

Well we don't have a specialty per sae, however birthday and other decorated cakes seem to bring in quite a few of the customers. We bake pretty much everything you can think of every day! hehe

ask me closer to easter! haha -or passover if thats your thing too!

hehe well im no expert, but when making babka the dough has a good amount of yeast, and its important you really let it rise up both before you fill it and also before you put it in the oven. I like using alot of fruit, so i have made a cinammon-sugar apple filling,i prefer tarter apples like granny smith or Jonathan if you can find them to balance out the sugar of the filling. after your dough rises roll it out to a decent width so that youll be able to twist it later, then spread out your filling, roll up the dough, seal it with some egg wash, and twist it a couple times to put in your loaf pan. Then just let it rise again for an hour or two, egg wash the top, and bake it for about 30 minutes on 350. Some people make a sauce to go over it sometimes with liquor or different sweet sauces, but im not a big fan of anything too sweet so i just dust it with a little icing sugar. If you want a recipe for the dough id have to look it up at work though hehe... feel free to ask anything if you are gonna try to make it, im no professional though so ill be as helpful as possible hehe :)

hehe well im no expert, but when making babka the dough has a good amount of yeast, and its important you really let it rise up both before you fill it and also before you put it in the oven. I like using alot of fruit, so i have made a cinammon-sugar apple filling,i prefer tarter apples like granny smith or Jonathan if you can find them to balance out the sugar of the filling. after your dough rises roll it out to a decent width so that youll be able to twist it later, then spread out your filling, roll up the dough, seal it with some egg wash, and twist it a couple times to put in your loaf pan. Then just let it rise again for an hour or two, egg wash the top, and bake it for about 30 minutes on 350. Some people make a sauce to go over it sometimes with liquor or different sweet sauces, but im not a big fan of anything too sweet so i just dust it with a little icing sugar. If you want a recipe for the dough id have to look it up at work though hehe... feel free to ask anything if you are gonna try to make it, im no professional though so ill be as helpful as possible hehe :)

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom