Hey there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsperky

Assistant Cook
Hi, my name is Christina and I am a culinary student at university of south carolina. I have to make a bechamel and a veloute for my chef tonight and was confused about the onion piquet so I logged on here and registered, what a great place, at least for me when my chef isn't available and I have questions!

Welcome Christina~ I don't know the answer to your question, however, I just wanted to welcome you. Someone will know the answer to this question I'm sure.

thank you for the welcome. i was wondering if anyone could help me, i am having trouble moving around this site, under my username it says i am an assistant cook. ??? where did that come from, i am a culinary student. how do i change that? thanks for the help

Welcome Aboard!

The title under your name is assigned based on the number of posts you've made. It has nothing to do with your actual life.

What is your confusion about the onion piquet?

i just didn't know what the piquet was however i googled it and got the hit on this page. i already made my bechamel and it actually tastes pretty good, i am shocked! thanks for the help and the welcomes, i look forward to using this site often!

Please do continue to hang around here:)

How about posting your recipe in the sauces area? I'd love to see it!

Welcome to DC, Christina.
you will find all the answers you need here, just ask away. Hope you stay!!

thanks guys!

i appreciate the warm welcome, the recipe i used was the one from my on cooking school book, straight forward bechamel. i missed class last thursday night and had to make up to chef by bringing in what i didn't make in class. yeah... GB, where in Mass are you from? my husband and i are from Mass. hubby grew up on cape cod and went to UMASS Boston for his undergrad. we miss home!!!

I grew up in Framingham, but now live in Grafton (next to Westboro, Shrewsbury area).

What part of the Cape was he from. There is no place on earth that is quite like the Cape.

Where did you live?

dave grew up in falmouth, his parents are now in mashpee, can anyone say, *free place to vacation on the cape*!!! i was a transplant from CT. to Avon, MA. i loved boston but we are in SC now and it is wonderful and warm and very pretty here. still miss home though. and our pat's and sox... :)

Yeah having a free place to go anywhere on the Cape is awesome! I am jealous :)

My wife and I have been talking about where we would move if/when we decide to. SC is on our list.

Back
Top Bottom