Hey y'all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discreet creole

Assistant Cook
Wanted to pop in and say hello, give a little intro and such before I started yapping about cooking and who makes the best knives....
Anyway, a little about what I do... ah... well, everything. I'm from New Orleans, grew up half in my Mimaw's kitchen and half in my step-grandmother's in Ajijic, Mexico. Needless to say, I do a lot of fusion and experimentation.

I travel a lot, so I'm always picking up new ideas and ingredients, always finding new people to cook for and even more tables to sit at. Oh, and I live in New England now, got to tell y'all, I'm hard up for anyone with a love of food out here. Most New Englanders I've met think black pepper is a really, really hot spice. Mercy! So that's pretty much why I'm here.

Oh, and I'm starting an underground kitchen, really excited about that.
So... what about y'all? C'mon, show a Creole some love.

I like you already, and your little dog too!

Great about the underground kitchen - please keep us posted!
I love southern cooking, and when it's fused with mexican, I imagine it's out of this world!

Welcome to our family!

welcome 'screet,

you have found a place where food is our first and last thoughts of the day.

btw, did anyone hear jkath's first line like margaret hamilton "i like you already, and your little dog too!" nah nuh, nah nuh, nah nuuhh nuuuuuhhhhh

oh, what is an underground kitchen, or should i ask why?

(is it that bad in new england these days, you have to cook in secret?)

Hahaa... too funny, y'all...
Hey Jkath, my dog is more dog than most dogs, all the more reason to like her! And my cooking gets a little weird sometimes (I use lime in EVERYTHING), but the basic fusion is pretty good.

And Bucky, I heard that too!!

An underground kitchen... well, go to this site, it'll explain better than I can! http://www.ghetto-gourmet.com/
The Ghetto Gourmet folks aren't the first to come up with an underground kitchen, but they are the first folks I got to show off my cooking with. It was pretty interesting cause they are all Cali folks (no offence Jkath!) and more used to California cuisine as opposed to the spiced out bliss I perform, but it went really well!

Instead of a 2-5 time a month calender I'm looking at once a month or so, though eventually I'd love to build it and get some guest cooks in. Anyway... yup, that's the kitchen, though mine will be a little different than the Ghetto folks.

Thanks for the welcome, y'all!

Welcome Creole! Your dog is adorable. I so wanted one of those but after reading more about it realized it wouldn't work for our family.

Welcome to the site from another New Englander :). Believe me, there are plenty of foodies in this part of the country. A number of them just happen to be on this site as well. If you have not done so yet, take a ride to Boston for some amazing world class food.

Welcome Creole,
this place is always a hive of activity..We love to share, to play and to hold out our hands to our friends..Enjoy us as we will enjoy you.

kadesma:)

Aren't y'all sweet, I'll have to start making pies or something to hand out...

Hey GB, yes, Boston is a wonderful food place, but I don't get up often enough. Around Providence I meet the occasional foodie, but not so much. I'll have to head up and let you take a group of us around.

My pug Ginger and I really appriciate the warm welcome, folks, think I'll have a wonderful time here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom