Hey Ya'll! :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southern Charmer

Assistant Cook
I'm Bobby and new to the site. I am a moderately skilled cook. I LOVE Southern cooking. Actually, I LOVE cooking and eating good food. My friends always ask me to cook some of my specialties (i.e., greens, cornbread, pulled pork) for get togethers. Recently I have gotten back into baking breads and cakes. Always looking for new tips and recipes to try! :chef:

I'm Bobby and new to the site. I am a moderately skilled cook. I LOVE Southern cooking. Actually, I LOVE cooking and eating good food. My friends always ask me to cook some of my specialties (i.e., greens, cornbread, pulled pork) for get togethers. Recently I have gotten back into baking breads and cakes. Always looking for new tips and recipes to try! :chef:

Welcome Bobby :chef:

img_825540_0_660fb0776a382703b64b648d35233f98.gif

Hi, Bobby! Good to see you here!

As it turns out, cornbread and pulled pork are on the menu for me tonight! Do you use a dry rub, and if so do you have a standard mix you use?

Ya'll...when I saw that I thought "VIRGINIA!" But I can make fun like that because that's where I from - and I FREQUENTLY use "Ya'll."

Welcome :)

Hi, Bobby! Good to see you here!

As it turns out, cornbread and pulled pork are on the menu for me tonight! Do you use a dry rub, and if so do you have a standard mix you use?

Hi ErikC!

Yum, yum!

I tend to go fairly heavily with a spicy sauce (cayenne, garlic powder, onion, paprika, brown sugar or sorghum molasses, salt and pepper. That's all I'll give you for now :) Sometimes I'll make a sauce from scratch, sometimes not. I don't hit the :pig: with it until the pork is falling off the bone. I usually break off a portion of Mr. Piggy and get it fairly crispy on the grill. Once that's done, I chop 'em up with my handy cleaver and mix it in with the rest of the pulled pork. I think it adds a great flavor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom