Heya Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megan85

Assistant Cook
I just signed up after browsing for a while.... i've been looking for a food forum or chat for a long time so im glad to find one active and full of nice people.
About me- my name's Megan and im currently working in a kitchen and doing 'office work' at a microbrewery. The restaurant itself is only a few years old and im sure ill have a lot of questions for any of you that have been in the business!
Also, ive just started to get into baking and experiment cooking with different microbrews.
Anyways, just wanted to say hi and my email is open! :-p

Hi vagriller
I'm a baby-baby when it comes to baking. Right now I'm experiementing with just a basic lean dough- (the recipe from the professional chef)
I'm using the wort from our pumpkin spice ale (some seasonal stuff we brew around this time) and the beer yeast to make a "beer" bread. lol

***edit, also im trying to incorporate the spent grain but its been a pain to break them down...

Welcome, Megan. We have a lot of fun here. You will too. Anytime you want to send me some microbrews for critique, I'm ready to cooperate.
Best wishes,
Buck

megan85 said:
***edit, also im trying to incorporate the spent grain but its been a pain to break them down...

Hi Megan!

Welcome to the site! I'm a homebrewer myself, and I can tell you two things about spent grains..

1) It makes great compost for gardens
2) It never really breaks down! (Even after composting)

It does add a ton of texture to bread though (talk about fiber!)...

John

Heya right back, Megan

You've come to the right place - and, after reading your post, I knew ronjohn would chime in - he's our resident expert on all things beer.
As for the pumpkin ale - I can just imagine how wonderful that bread must be! YUM~

Hi, thanks everyone- sorry i havent gotten back sooner- i had a couple freak days at work. Thanks for the welcome!!!

15.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom