hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glyc

Assistant Cook
hi, i'm erin, 18yo girl who's recently moved out of home for the first time. and i'm trying to learn to properly cook (until recently my repetoire was microwave meals, mexican food and toast).

i've been trying some pretty basic stuff -- san choy bou, pad thai etc (i love asian food) but cos i don't always remember to buy ingredients (stupid because i work in a supermarket and more specifically a deli) i improvise a lot, and i think it's turning out ok.

anyway yeah, tonight i'm cooking for my boyfriend as a friendly gesture after being a ***** for a couple of weeks... i'm making perch and salad but i'm not sure what i'm going to do with it exactly. i have a lot of options: fresh oregano, or packaged lemongrass, garlic, ginger, sweet chilli, basil. soy, thai green curry, sweet chilli & plum marinade...
i'm unsure cos i haven't really cooked fish before.

Welcome to DC.Perch , just dip in a beaten egg and a little milk mixture anad then dredge in crushed saltine cracker crumbs and deep fry or fry.

Welcome to DC and the wonderful world of cooking, gly, you have come to a right place!! I was about your age when I started cooking myself, too, and I must say my repartoire at that time was much less than yours!!
You already got a knack of improvising, which means a promising talent, creativeness, and willingness to experiment are big assets in the kitchen!!
If you like the asian cuisine, I reccomend you investing in a wok, stir fried fresh vegs are both very tasty and healthy, and once you get the hang of it easy and quick to cook, too!!

Welcome, glyc!

So nice to have you here!

Any questions you may have will no doubt be answered here, and you'll get more responses than you can imagine:chef:

urmaniac13 said:
Welcome to DC and the wonderful world of cooking, gly, you have come to a right place!! I was about your age when I started cooking myself, too, and I must say my repartoire at that time was much less than yours!!
You already got a knack of improvising, which means a promising talent, creativeness, and willingness to experiment are big assets in the kitchen!!
If you like the asian cuisine, I reccomend you investing in a wok, stir fried fresh vegs are both very tasty and healthy, and once you get the hang of it easy and quick to cook, too!!

yeah actually I think I'm going to ask my parents to buy me one when they get back from Ireland soon, cos I haven't really asked them for anything for my new place yet and I've spent a fair bit of money maintaining their house while they've been overseas so... yeah, wardrobe, toaster (my new place doesn't have a toaster!!! :eek:), wok, etc etc... atm I'm just making my asian food in a frypan which works but I'd prefer the healthier option.

and thanks everyone :)
ps. I don't deep fry my food if I can help it!! I eat too much junk as it is.

img_286839_0_e8f1804adbea8c3c592380143d75b0f6.gif

Back
Top Bottom