Hi...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veloce

Cook
...I just discovered this site. I am a bit overwhelmed by all of the posts, but I am cautiously optimistic that I can contribute something from time to time. I learned to cook at my mother's side, helped out in the kitchen when I was at school, helped my wife with the cooking for our first 40 years of married life, and then took over most of the job when I was "downsized" in 2003 and she decided there were other things she enjoyed more than cooking. Along the way, I've worked enough in institutional kitchens (school cafeterias, soup kitchens and even a Chinese restaurant) to appreciate the difference between restaurant cooking and home cooking. I worry that the latter is being devalued by all the emphasis on restaurant-style cooking on television and in the "celebrity cook" cookbooks.

Doug

Doug, welcome to DC! Glad that you joined us. Take your time to get familiar with us and the site and I am sure that in no time at all you should be able to get quite a few pointers and recipes as well as contribute some of your own.

Ciao Doug, welcome to DC!! We are glad to have you here!! I hope you will enjoy the forum, don't worry too much about "being a contributor", though I am sure you got many many ideas to share with us and we are all looking forward to hearing some of them, the first step is always, "don't be shy and just jump in the fun", that's the most important thing!!
I hope it will be very soon that you will make yourself comfy hanging out here!!:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom