Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smrucinski

Assistant Cook
Hi, I'm RonJohn55's wife and he sent me here to find recipes. He's actually the cook, however, I'm trying to help. I'm looking for a twice baked potato recipe, I know it's probably pretty easy but I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome aboard! Nice to see you here. To do a twice baked potato all you do is thoroughly wash the potatoes, prick the outsides and bake them in the oven for an hour or so. Cut them in half and scoop out the cooked potato into a bowl, add sour cream, cheese and whatever else you like, mash it up well and either scoop or use a pastry bag to pipe it back into the potato shells. Top it with a bit of cheese and put them under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese before serving. Good luck!

Hi, smrucinski. Welcome to DC. Yum, twice baked potatoes. Delish! Since I'm Irish, I believe potatoes are one of the major food groups. I might just have to make some for dinner tonight.

Don't be a stranger. You'll discover in not time that this is a great big family. We're glad RonJohn sent you here.

Welcome aboard! Nice to see you here. To do a twice baked potato all you do is thoroughly wash the potatoes, prick the outsides and bake them in the oven for an hour or so. Cut them in half and scoop out the cooked potato into a bowl, add sour cream, cheese and whatever else you like, mash it up well and either scoop or use a pastry bag to pipe it back into the potato shells. Top it with a bit of cheese and put them under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese before serving. Good luck!

Wow... thanks! I used to love twice baked potatos. I had them as a kid, but I think they were the frozen kind and can't find them with the skin anymore when I think to look for them. They're just not the same in a paper or plastic container. Now I'll enjoy them once again :)

Thanks for bringing this up, smrucinski :)

Back
Top Bottom