Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awia

Assistant Cook
Hey, im new to cooking in general and I have been wondering if i am doing something wrong.

When i bake my chicken wings in the oven for 350 for 1 hr 20mins

Some of the skin from the chicken wings would appear to be gone(with a chicken bone showing) and it looks like zombie chicken, I was wondering if this is normal?

Hi and welcome :)

Baking them at 350 degrees is okay but IMO you cooked them about an hour too long. I would cook them about 25 minutes I think.

Get an instant read thermometer. Best investment to know when something is done.
Check the time, check the temp... eventually you will know how long it will take something at a given temperature.
Very handy for grilling too!
And welcome to the neighborhood!

In my opinion and cooking knowledge (very little I might add;) ) that was far too long.

Like Mollyanne said about 25 mins would have been enough

Hey, im new to cooking in general and I have been wondering if i am doing something wrong.

When i bake my chicken wings in the oven for 350 for 1 hr 20mins

Some of the skin from the chicken wings would appear to be gone(with a chicken bone showing) and it looks like zombie chicken, I was wondering if this is normal?
Hi There,
we love wings and I put mine in a big bowl, add olive oil or peanut oil, garlic powder then add lemon pepper Heat oven to 350 put wings on one of those racks I use to cool cookies and and bake 25 min turn wings over and bake other side for 25 min. keep an eye on them. before you put them in the oven brush on any olive oil from the bowl and then sprinkle with more lemon pepper. Sorry this rather disjointed, it's been awhile since I've made any for us.
kadesma

:LOL: MA

I agree 25-30min would be long enough for chicken wings, especially if they are disjointed. If you want, you can pull the meat off of one to check for doneness. While I like my instant read thermometer, I just can't see it working without hitting bone on the little flappers.

Welcome to DC, and have fun, Awia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom