Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaggieMay

Assistant Cook
I go by Maggie (obviously). My favorite dishes to make are Italian, seafood, anything with chicken, and desserts. I learned a little about cooking from my dad, but most of my culinary knowledge has come from books. Generally, I like to keep my meals simple and easy. However, I'm always looking for new variations and ideas, so I'm looking forward to being here.

Hello everyone...I was just surfing net and found this forum. This forum is really informative. i am very glad to join this thread.

Welcome, MaggieMay. What kind of simple and easy dishes do you like to make? DC is full of people with great ideas. You'll like it here, I'm sure.

Ahh, Minneapolis, wonderful place, great restaurants, farmers markets...Welcome!

Zhizara:

I like to make a lot of seasoned chicken and beef, usually with herbs rubbed under the skin or stuffings (apples, celery, lemon, etc). Sometimes I do sage-crusted chicken breasts. I find they go well with a variety of side dishes.

After studying several cookbooks, I began experimenting. One of my favorite improvised dishes is rice steamed with chicken bouillion and chopped carrots. I make a lot of steamed veggies, too.

Some downtown restaurants here are a little too fancy for my liking. I personally don't care if food is gluten-free or made with lemongrass, or if it's fusion cooking. I would much rather have a plain old chicken Parmesan or hamburger casserole. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom