"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:10 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Casserole base? The basis of a pasta sauce? Cook some potatoes in it and reduce? Make chicken and mushrooms or chicken and asparagus vol au vents and reduce (thicken) the broth with some herbs and seasonings into a sauce to fill the pastry cases with? There is a thread from today for green bean casserole which yhou could use the broth in from the sound of it.

I really don't cook with cream soups. To me they are just something you eat in winter!

Has it got any recipes on the side of the can? Are you in England? If so, check out the Heinz website in the UK.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

hi ..

i am from singapore, here such creamy broths are rarely used.i bought it off the shelves form the supermarket here. there is no directions in the packet here..other than saying they can be used for pasta, meat, and veges for stews n stir fry.

ok i will do it the way you guys have suggested, but first with only 2 or 3 drumsticks and get back to you guys with the results..

sitara

Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Okay so this is a packet soup, or at least powdered, not a liquid? If you have it in powdered form, you can use it as a seasoning, esp good for casserole bases.

with drumsticks I would be inclined to casserole or roast them. Crumbed perhaps in the oven.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

it is liquid ... like the pasta sauces..
Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #15
Head Chef

Exclamation Let's try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitara View Post
ok..so now if i want to use the cream broth, how should i use it??
Sitara, who makes the cream broth - the brand name and/or the company name. Maybe they have a website showing on the label? If not let's google search these people and see what they might have for recipes and suggestions if any. Seems like we're stuck here for a minute. Hope you can give us the names - some of us curious now for sure. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #16
Executive Chef

It's Heinz David but you will need to get to the Singapore site. I already had a look at the US one and it was silent. I looked at the UK one, that's why I checked cos they have one but not sure if the same. Not sure of Singapore's extensions.